ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Michigan State

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (20-9, 11-7 Big Ten) is on the road at Michigan State (17-12, 9-9 Big Ten). The game will air on BTN and is scheduled to tip off at 6 pm CT.

Matt Nicholson has been ruled out, Ryan Langborg has been ruled questionable and is expected to play. Langborg has missed the past two games with an ankle injury suffered against Michigan.

I have zero predictions for this game. We're gonna need another one of those magical career defining games from Boo to have a shot

My preference would be for Northwestern to win tonight. Thank you.

Man this is stressful. But we’ve got a lead so far so I’ll take it. Did they say at the beginning of the game that Nicholson was being re-evaluated every day? As in he might come back this season? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Small ball lineup was pretty good for us. Martinelli does everything well.

Reactions: drewjin
Man this is stressful. But we’ve got a lead so far so I’ll take it. Did they say at the beginning of the game that Nicholson was being re-evaluated every day? As in he might come back this season? Or is that just wishful thinking?
I think they said this weekend they'll re-evaluate. I wonder where the "broken foot" news came from and how true it was or if this is just some gamesmanship or if they're trying to signal to the tourney committee that they *could* be at full strength in the tourney or what. It's just been a little weird.

Reactions: drewjin
They said that. But I think it’s purposeful disinformation by NU until after Selection Sunday. Don’t give the committee a reason to keep us out.

they’re killing us with their offensive boards.

Nicholson’s absence being felt.

fight beat up GIF by South Park

They said that. But I think it’s purposeful disinformation by NU until after Selection Sunday. Don’t give the committee a reason to keep us out.
I think there's something to this. I don't like it and prefer that he'll be back, but it seems like something that NU might have to do. Just win tonight so that the question of Selection Sunday goes away.

I wonder how Langborg's ankle feels. He's missed his last six shots after making that early three.

Both Boo and Borg missing at the rim early. We can’t afford to miss these chances.

We will not win if they get 4 shots per possession to our 1. Needs to change asap.

MSU is not taking advantage of the offensive boards by scoring points (I count just one point off offensive rebounds for MSU who have five OR already in the second half), but they're breaking our will. If NU doesn't change something, and fast, this could be a blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT