ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Game Thread: Northwestern vs. UConn

Well… we won’t be down 40 at half. Maybe UConn will get complacent in the second

We need to play a perfect game to have a chance.

We are not playing a perfect game.

They are way better than us, even at full strength, but the bricklaying and the easy UConn baskets aren't helping

We’ve kept UConn off the offensive glass.
9 missed field goals, zero credited offensive boards. Three offensive boards for the Cats (on 17 misses).

Reactions: drewjin
Man this is tough to watch. If we had any shots falling we’d at least still be in it.

UConn has won their last seven NCAA games by double digits. They are just really good. They are fun to root for, except today. Today sucks.

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
I am watching with some friends who have never seen Boo play before and are shocked to hear that he is all big 10 based on how he is playing today. Also as others have noted barnhiser is having the worst game possible

I am watching with some friends who have never seen Boo play before and are shocked to hear that he is all big 10 based on how he is playing today. Also as others have noted barnhiser is having the worst game possible
We’re playing as bad as we played in the first half against FAU.

Unfortunately UConn is much better than they are.

Hopefully we stop embarrassing ourselves in the second half.

Reactions: AtlantaCat
UConn even min-maxxing the few seconds off the inbound to deny NU a short possession. I feel like I see teams miss out on easy two for one opportunities at the end of the first half constantly, but UConn is just that clean. Beyond impressive.

• Angry
Never seen our big 3 look scared like tonight. Hunger and Martinelli have no fear.

Well it was a great season I don't think many people could of expected us to get this far after Ty and MN went down to injuries. Hopefully they grind out a respectable 2nd half and go out with their heads held high.

Cats obviously shot poorly and didn’t play well but UConn is by far the best team I’ve seen this season. Purdue and Illinois would have to play lights out to beat them.

Illinois outscores teams. They ain’t outscoring UConn unless UConn plays poorly.

UConn even min-maxxing the few seconds off the inbound to deny NU a short possession. I feel like I see teams miss out on easy two for one opportunities at the end of the first half constantly, but UConn is just that clean. Beyond impressive.
That rule should change it'satrocious. But I guess guarding 94 ft would solve it.

I respect it but I still effing hate their guts. Entitled, obnoxious fanbase.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT