ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Wisconsin - Big Ten Tournament

Wisconsin changed to swing the ball and attacking the middle

On Offense NU on another drought, nothing going to the basket.
Offense is hard when you've got one to two guys on the floor that the opposing team doesn't have to guard. The injuries have just crushed us. And now Boo clearly isn't moving well on that knee.

Boo hasn’t scored since the injury and the rest of the team is 4-15 from the field.

Offense is hard when you've got one to two guys on the floor that the opposing team doesn't have to guard. The injuries have just crushed us. And now Boo clearly isn't moving well on that knee.
Don't agree wisconsin had a 17 to 1 run last time the played. Nu was at full strength. Collins has to find a wrinkle. I would let Lanborg handle the point.

Reactions: drewjin
Lid on the basket right now. They're not bad shots. Some of these will start falling in the 2nd half. We just need to keep it close at the half.

Nice little jumper from Hunger at the end. That feels like a huge bucket to me, making it a 4-point game at the half.

Reactions: NUinIowafan
It’s a game of runs. With Boo going out and the adjustments on defensive aggressiveness WI made, they get their own run going. We need to adjust. Get to the rim. Get them in foul trouble, etc.
You can't go up 10 or 11 and just start chucking up bad shot after bad shot... game of runs or not we just let them right back into it with bad shot selection.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Eurocat and drewjin
Lid on the basket right now. They're not bad shots. Some of these will start falling in the 2nd half. We just need to keep it close at the half.
I HOPE SO! Barney and Borg are struggling with open shots. Also Martinelli but most of his are contested

Most concerned about Boo's health. Per the radio, the refs are just letting everyone beat the crap out of each other.

You can't go up 10 or 11 and just start chucking up bad shot after bad shot... game of runs or not we just let them right back into it with bad shot selection.
Some, but also a lot of missed, clean looks. Defense stepped up but guys not named Boo need to make shots

Most concerned about Boo's health. Per the radio, the refs are just letting everyone beat the crap out of each other.
John Blackwell had a nice body check on Martinelli going after a loose ball, then was rewarded with the ball instead of having a foul called. Tyler Wahl currently the player of the game for Wisconsin with 0 points, 2 turnovers, 2 fouls, and 1 injury caused to Buie. Good times.

• Angry
This is March ball gotta love it.

Another thing since they are over playing Boo, have him back screen for the Bigs and get a couple of layups, then they can't be as aggressive with Boo.

He should have tried that when the kids were in

Blake Smith has returned to earth today. Two missed free throws, an airball from the corner, and a mistake in positioning causing a turnover. To answer an earlier post, NO, we do not give him a scholarship and take away a possible big add in the transfer season (or in the late signing period).

Reactions: phatcat
Boo didn't even seem to be looking for his shot when he came back in. Hopefully the halftime break will give him rejuvenating powers.

We’re only shooting 4-12 from three, with Buie 4-6 and rest of the team 0-6. Were lucky to be only down by 4 after scoring only 29 at the half.

This is just too nerve-racking.
I feel like we're playing with house money at this point. Any win we get going forward either here or in the NCAAs is just bonus. Once we lost two key starters, things got really tough. We just don't have the depth to sustain that.

Coaches amaze me sometimes. Wisconsin was revesing the ball and getting to the middle and scoring so they come out and do the stuff that got them behind in the first place.

At least Collins is trying the back screens now,

Is Storr good enough to go pro after this year? Because otherwise he's gonna give me nightmares next year.

I feel a Langborg scoring spree coming up.

Boo sure looked set on that foul to me. Like, a full second before the contact.
It's really unbelievable. They've legislated that play out of college basketball. It's awful. Even the NBA still has the charge.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT