ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Wisconsin - Big Ten Tournament

Brooks and Langborg didn’t show up at all today
I think we have to accept their limitations. They are nice players, but they play within a system. That system took a huge hit when we lost our best three point shooter who spaced the floor. It took another big hit when we lost our lob presence in the paint.

Boo needs to drive and draw fouls. I don't trust the refs to call them though.

My conclusion is that, if NU wants to advance, the starters at 2-4 need to do better than 8 for 30 with a foulout in the first 35 mins.

Man do they miss MN.

All of them stink on defense today. Getting exposed. Not saying Clayton doesn't have his issues but they all do. It just he doesn't make up in offense.

Maybe we dropped to a 10 seed. I still think NU is in an 8/9 game though.

Man do they miss MN.

All of them stink on defense today. Getting exposed. Not saying Clayton doesn't have his issues but they all do. It just he doesn't make up in offense.
We scored 59 points and Buie scored almost half. That’s the bigger issue.

I don't like woulda, coulda, shoulda, but at full strength, they woulda won this one. I predict Wisconsin to beat Purdue.

Reactions: LetsGoRed!
I'm really bummed, I admit it. I thought the Cats could handle this Wisky team even with our injuries.

Reactions: drewjin
I thought you saw today how much they missed MN..just the little stuff...appropriate switches and helps on defense and really good screens and effective pick and rolls on offense...U have to give this team some credit for winning some of those games with two starters out and once three..I keep wondering with the relatively weak non-con that they didnt get bench players more development time. Mullins still looked kinda lost on defense . well they got some time to get some things worked out.

I think we have to accept their limitations. They are nice players, but they play within a system. That system took a huge hit when we lost our best three point shooter who spaced the floor. It took another big hit when we lost our lob presence in the paint.
I don’t know if it was about their limitations as much as missing shots.

Well, Langborg, yes. He was just terrible all around, and he’s pretty limited athletically so if he doesn’t make shots there’s not a lot else. Brooks played fine defense and rebounded well and got open and then just missed a lot of shots he usually makes more of. Martinelli too, he got his looks and couldn’t close. Not a lot of other complaints about how they played, TBH.

Reactions: drewjin
I thought you saw today how much they missed MN..just the little stuff...appropriate switches and helps on defense and really good screens and effective pick and rolls on offense...U have to give this team some credit for winning some of those games with two starters out and once three..I keep wondering with the relatively weak non-con that they didnt get bench players more development time. Mullins still looked kinda lost on defense . well they got some time to get some things worked out.
Mullins is frankly pretty bad. Hopefully he’ll improve this offseason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT