ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Rutgers

Another one NU gave away in the last few minutes. But a better team coming out,

Mullins can help out, Clayton can play a little less and develop.

Lanborg will space the floor helping Martenelli and Brooks should have an easier time.

I thought that it was a great effort tonight. NCAA hopes ended with Berry’s injury, but the team still showed it can compete and not get blown out of the building in a tough road environment.

Another one NU gave away in the last few minutes. But a better team coming out,

Mullins can help out, Clayton can play a little less and develop.

Lanborg will space the floor helping Martenelli and Brooks should have an easier time.
Yep. This team is definitely capable of winning 4 out of the last 6. Just frustrating to have so many close losses on the road.

Reactions: drewjin
I thought that it was a great effort tonight.
A great effort ends in a win.

A great effor does not let the other team go on a 14-2 run.

This was not a great effort, this was a terrible loss with repercussions.

Had a ton of possessions that were terrible at the end of the second half. If we play slightly better there, then the no call on the final play wouldn’t have mattered. However, it still happened and sucked.

Good to see young guys play and step up overall. Don’t like the result, but go out and keep fighting!

A great effort ends in a win.

A great effor does not let the other team go on a 14-2 run.

This was not a great effort, this was a terrible loss with repercussions.
We played on the road without 2 guys who average 26 points and 60 plus minutes. We had a good chance to win the game. Effort was there. Execution not so much. What do you think is going to happen when Clayton has to play crucial minutes and Martinelli is forced into a primary scoring role? Let’s talk about something really important. How big is their stadium?

I expected this to be a loss. Everything I read said RU had turned a corner. I was pleasantly surprised how this game went - remove the refs, insert real refs, and this is an unexpected blow out win.

Looking at the positive - Mullins showed up. Not starter appearance but reliable rotation worthy in the build of BB and Mart before him.

Indiana is the game I have circled for the week. Tough road arena against an always relevant opponent. I think we see Mullins in that Mart role with more minutes than Clayton. I have hope.

As much as I man crush Mart, I think we are seeing him trying to do too much. Too much dribble, too much iso. Seems eerily similar to BB last year - got some confidence then tried to do too much. Hope he follows those footsteps.

And how about MN at the free throw line lately…

Not saying Collins is a bad coach, but with Ty and Ryan out, not sure why he did not try Hunger at the 5 as a point center. Make Cliff come out and play him. Hunger can hit the 3 and maybe run some high-low action.

Also someone else mentioned Boo did not get many shots the end of game, Collins has to do better getting him open.

Player have to execute regardless,

Not saying Collins is a bad coach, but with Ty and Ryan out, not sure why he did not try Hunger at the 5 as a point center. Make Cliff come out and play him. Hunger can hit the 3 and maybe run some high-low action.

Also someone else mentioned Boo did not get many shots the end of game, Collins has to do better getting him open.

Player have to execute regardless,
Would have been interesting having hunger bring the ball down.

• Haha
Reactions: ricko654321
Really want Rutgers and Minnesota at the tourney with finals against Purdue.

We played on the road without 2 guys who average 26 points and 60 plus minutes. We had a good chance to win the game. Effort was there. Execution not so much. What do you think is going to happen when Clayton has to play crucial minutes and Martinelli is forced into a primary scoring role? Let’s talk about something really important. How big is their stadium?
The RAC. Seats approx 8500. Renovations to upgrade are in the works. From what I understand an increase in seating to approx 10k. Nobody wants it to change. You are right on top of the players and gives RU a huge advantage. When teams is going good, it is LoUD. Luv the RAC. Good game tonight and #25 J Williams has been a godsend following his win in court to play. He’s played 4, we won all 4.

Reactions: Bayonnebomber79
It seems to me that 11-9 in the league isn't good enough.
I'd say 40% chance depending on Big Ten tournament if we finish 11-9, tied for 5th/6th.
In other words, bubble.
Your top 25 includes 6,7,8 loss teams include 7 loss Alabama at 15. We have 8

And bring on the conference tourney and the national audience. Let these puppets control the game under national scrutiny. I’ll take the Cats against all comers on neutral court at the tourney.

• Love
It seems to me that 11-9 in the league isn't good enough.
I'd say 40% chance depending on Big Ten tournament if we finish 11-9, tied for 5th/6th.
In other words, bubble.
You’re right. I was reacting to that moronic take. Cats have played every team close on the road other than that one game.

• Love
And bring on the conference tourney and the national audience. Let these puppets control the game under national scrutiny. I’ll take the Cats against all comers on neutral court at the tourney.
It’s hard for them to win back to back games with this skeleton crew.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT