ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Ohio State vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (14-5, 5-3 Big Ten) hosts Ohio State (13-6, 3-5 Big Ten) tonight at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The game is looking like a 7:36 tip off and will air on BTN.

Interesting...

Nice crowd of students but NOT full. My second not being used tonight so was going to offer to one on the standbys. Just as I got to gate they cleared all the standbys

About 12 before tip and the student sections look pretty full. WC seats mostly empty, but the club looks hopping. Lot of open seats around the second tier.

We are looking good. Clayton air balled his open three, but Hunger drained a nice one and I don’t Bucky saw that coming.

otoh they are missing open shots and we can’t count on that continuing.

Did my eyes deceive me or did we run a lineup of Boo, Langborg, Clayton, Hunger, and Martinelli during that run?

Clayton got a nice look and airballed, then gave up a three on the other end. He may grab some bench soon, but if Berry is less than 100% and in foul trouble, Clayton should get more time tonight.

Boo and Clayton together on floor again, 7-0 run. ( although that air ball will put him on the bench)

Hunger with a nice 3,

Reactions: drewjin
Did my eyes deceive me or did we run a lineup of Boo, Langborg, Clayton, Hunger, and Martinelli during that run?

Clayton got a nice look and airballed, then gave up a three on the other end. He may grab some bench soon, but if Berry is less than 100% and in foul trouble, Clayton should get more time tonight.
Clayton played some good D while he was in until that 3.

Reactions: SmellyCat
10-14 from three in second half/OT on Wednesday. 7-13 tonight.

With Berry's three free throws and Hunger's "and-one" - that's nine possessions in the first half tonight NU got three points.

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Boo’s teardrops are getting out to midrange.
He keeps making those it's the other teams who are going to be losing teardrops.

By the way, a couple of those from Berry tonight too, which we don't see too often. Maybe he worked with the two masters B-Mac and Boo and added it to his repertoire.

Reactions: EagerFan
Halftime: Boo has four points, Barnhizer just three. Berry in foul trouble. Normally that combination would worry me.

Instead, Barney has five assists and Boo three, as Langborg and the bench has carried the team. I love seeing everybody contribute.

One other thing in the box score - in addition to his game-high 14 points, Langborg has four rebounds, a block, and a steal. His defense as been about as good as his offense tonight.

Boo is having an off night and we're still blowing out a conference opponent. Let that sink in.
13 points, four rebounds, and three steals: an off night for an All-American.

This has been a total team effort, and everyone seems both unselfish and in sync. Can't love this game enough. The computers will love it too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT