ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Penn State vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (16-7, 7-5 Big Ten) hosts Penn State (12-11, 6-6 Big Ten) at 12 pm at Welsh-Ryan Arena.

Interesting first couple of transitions dealing with the press. Putting the ball in Barnhizer and Mrtinelli’s hands. Probably to avoid more aggressive on-ball defenders guarding Buie and Langborg.

Interesting first couple of transitions dealing with the press. Putting the ball in Barnhizer and Mrtinelli’s hands. Probably to avoid more aggressive on-ball defenders guarding Buie and Langborg.
I think they do that end of this year and all of next year, make bigs can't cover them full court.

Cant afford foul trouble. Someone else may have to play this game.

Nice 3 by Langborg, we need a good game from him.

Team seems out of sorts right now. Weird passes, running into each other, etc. Getting used to playing without Berry? Happy they're winning (big shots from Hunger and Langborg). Penn State seems a little sloppy too. Rock fight?

Clayton very physical his first few minutes, got caught on the last one, but has been putting his fore arm in players chest. He will kearn but looked better at least jn first half.

Interesting Blake Smith the walk on getting a call

They're blowing by NU's defense inside so far. That's the big surprise - I figured PSU would be better from the outside.

Feel like we're not playing very well, but still tied.

Good news is we're right there with Buie struggling. He won't stay quiet the whole game.

Reactions: DaCat
We’re struggling to finish around the rim. Don’t know why Buie hasn’t been trying his floaters.

Disappointing that Mullens can't beat out a walk on who looks really out of his depth unfortunately. Going to need a transfer guard really badly next year.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I confess that, even if due to this board I think about this team every day, I would not have been able to tell you we had a player called Blake Smith.

Same here. I was embarrassed when someone said Smith was coming in. I was thinking...am I just getting old? Why do I not remember Smith's first name? And it was because I didn't remember Smith at all.

Seems to say a lot about Mullins, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT