ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Michigan vs. Northwestern

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (18-8, 9-6 Big Ten) hosts Michigan (8-18, 3-12 Big Ten) tonight at 8 pm at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The game will air on FS1.

Boo Buie is five points away from Northwestern's all-time scoring record!

Reactions: EagerFan
18 minutes before game time the students are filling up but the rest of the seats are pretty empty.

Seems like it should be a crazy environment!

Not a lot of Michigan colors in the crowd… other than my wife. 👎🏻
Here’s one in purple for you. Go Cats!

bravo tv pump rules GIF by Slice

• Haha
Reactions: PURPLECAT88
Cats area little jittery and need to settle down. Nice assist from Mullins to Hunger.

Anyone who thought we were going to blow out Michigan must be a brand new NU fan

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Nicholson passing and rebounding well. Let's see this team start shooting well though!

[well, he missed one easy offensive rebound, but still, three rebounds already]

Martinelli has five offensive boards already. Good thing he tipped one of those in, but he's keeping NU in it otherwise.

• Wow
All things considered pretty damn gross start on both sides and hot shooting a bad Michigan team isn't usually capable of... and still being up 3 feels not too damn bad.

If we get a comfortable lead early in the 2nd half I'd put Langborg on ice and let Mullins soak up some minutes

I really enjoy Stephen Bardo, and I have to say I laughed that he remembered full well that Dukes of Hazzard was on Friday nights.

And after saying Shannon was playing "downhill" about 20 times last night, he's kept that description down to I think only one instance tonight.

Reactions: PURPLECAT88
Yeah, I could see all the cats had jitters and tried way too hard at the start. They settled down by the end tho, so keep it up for the second half please.

We’re killing them in every area except shooting percentage. Keep it up, and we’ll win going away.

Hunger playing better tonight but why take Nicholson out so early?

When a bad team keeps hitting their threes, scary things can happen

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT