ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Rutgers

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (17-7, 8-5 Big Ten) plays at Rutgers (13-10, 5-7 Big Ten) tonight at 5:30 pm CT. The game will air on BTN.

This is Northwestern's second straight game without starting guard Ty Berry but the first knowing he will be out for the season. Rutgers has won its last three games, including a 22-point drubbing of Wisconsin.

This Rutgers defense is good. I know part of it is Berry, but it doesn't seem like NU is able to get anywhere close to a good shot. Martinelli really really had to work for his.

This Rutgers defense is good. I know part of it is Berry, but it doesn't seem like NU is able to get anywhere close to a good shot. Martinelli really really had to work for his.
I think I saw Collins putting some pressure on the refs regarding the push off when driving to the basket. They are good, but quite toeing the line pushing off the dribble.

Reactions: SmellyCat
Need to keep the crowd out of it. Sounds dead right now, but it gets loud there when Rutgers gets hot.

I really want Clayton to make a shot and get off the schneid.

Reactions: drewjin
Barney’s shot seems a little off but Buie got the hot hand.

Reactions: drewjin
Hunger needs to move those feet on D. At least the RU kid is a terrible FT shooter

Clayton’s got to keep shooting, but has got to just relax and take his time.

Good defense so far. Fortunately Rutgers looks pretty bad on offense so far.

Nice pass Clayton to Mullins, Shot not falling drive. He picked up 1 foul on Rutgers and assist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT