ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Ruiz..state record

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
CR set the new triple jump record...at 51 feet one inch to win the 3A at the State meet....I think this guy was a real find

Ruiz also placed 5th in the long jump with a jump of 23'7.5". He has a personal best LJ of 24'.

Unfortunately, there is no long jumping or triple jumping in football. Lets hope the kid has real football skills and is more than a "good athlete".

Unfortunately, there is no long jumping or triple jumping in football. Lets hope the kid has real football skills and is more than a "good athlete".

I beg to differ:

minnyqb.jpg
conteh-1.jpg

I beg to differ:

minnyqb.jpg
conteh-1.jpg
I concur, i.e. "batman" comes to mind. again a long jumper and overlooked diamond. Credit to our coaching staff in finding these gems that others either overlook or find later. and Sherrick is still going.

Shows how little you know about football. Those are skills that directly translate on the football field. Ever wonder why the NFL puts players through tests like the broad jump and vertical jump at the Combine?

Shows how little you know about football. Those are skills that directly translate on the football field. Ever wonder why the NFL puts players through tests like the broad jump and vertical jump at the Combine?
Yeah haha, was gonna say broad jump and vertical have taken on increased importance for teams in the NFL in recent years, ahead of almost all other tests, bc they indicate explosiveness. Recall Byron Jones the S from CT flying up draft boards 2 years ago largely because of an insane broad jump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT