ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain the stadium "music"?

Is it for the players? Because the fans are either old (me) or families with young kids (also me) until students return, and the music is obnoxious
NU has an amazing injury song, from the gone to soon British band the xx.

Otherwise, I’m with you, @phatcat. I just want Hands in the Air on repeat.

Beyond the music, the PA system is probably the worst I have ever heard. I can barely understand a thing that is being said.

Of course they are not going to fix it now, but it would have been nice the last two decades I have been going to games.

Beyond the music, the PA system is probably the worst I have ever heard. I can barely understand a thing that is being said.

Of course they are not going to fix it now, but it would have been nice the last two decades I have been going to games.

Almost as if there’s a reason we are trying to build a new stadium. Weird.

You should have heard the PA system before the ‘96-‘97 rebuild.

They should play Lawrence Welk in the visitors locker room to demoralize the other guys, like the Hogeyes painting the visitors locker room pink.
"A-thank you boys-a"!

The visitors locker room at the U of Alabama in Tuscaloosa is called the "Fail Room," made possible by a generous donation from the Fail family. They've endowed other buildings on campus, but the Fail Room is the only one that bears their name ...

Reactions: Pasadena Bound
Is it for the players? Because the fans are either old (me) or families with young kids (also me) until students return, and the music is obnoxious

A cousin got me into Metallica's Ride the Lightning in 1984, so doubling down on mid-80s metal in the current soundtrack works for me in a kind of nostalgic way. Perhaps the person who bought the stadium bell made playing "For Whom the Bell Tolls" part of the bequest? That's the sort of donation I would have made!

Whoever picked the tunes yesterday has a contrarian bent. But, I would gladly endure any kind of music if it encourages the 'Cats to play with yesterday's energy!

Last edited:
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy

I think we are fortunate not to hear the guy that actually announces because he is brutal.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
I think we are fortunate not to hear the guy that actually announces because he is brutal.
True, the guy is brutal. I think he does basketball, which he is OK at. I watched the Vikings game today and heard their PA announcer and he drives excitement, totally not "move those chains" crapola.

They should play "Stand Up and Shout" by Dio to tell people to get off their butts and cheer for the team.

They should play Lawrence Welk in the visitors locker room to demoralize the other guys, like the Hogeyes painting the visitors locker room pink.
"Learning How to Count to Three" by Professor Lawrence Welk

An immersive learning experience for Iowa student-athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT