ADVERTISEMENT

Cats add second DE in Trevor Kent

I like that Fitz and the staff now send out a message on twitter to alert people there is a new commit.

Feeling some real Cats love lately. Hopefully the momentum keep rolling.

scaled_php.jpg

Bob Stoops just called Lovie at Illinois to see if they still had this and asked if he could have it.

Awesome football player on both sides of the ball. Too good to keep off the field when his team has the ball! Couldn't help but notice how he keeps on playing after he destroys his primary target on offense. Many, many plays where he has multiple offensive blocks and a ton of pancakes.

Great head for the ball on defense. One of the best 2-way prospects I've seen.

Yeah Baby! Welcome Trevor ! Let's go O recruiting! ( No , I am not Wrassler incognito )

Hoping that Jack Coan and Jake Marwede are next. Would give us an amazing first 8 players, and with the previous 3 classes, we'd shape up to be really ready to go to the next level.

Lou,

With their offer lists, it's just astonishing to me that Earnest is unranked by Rivals and Trevor is a *** star. Both are **** stars on TOS! Let's get with it Rivals.
We just have to start telling the world that our recruiting is far and a way more advanced than Rivals and most services, including other schools. NU is simply the best.

We just have to start telling the world that our recruiting is far and a way more advanced than Rivals and most services, including other schools. NU is simply the best.

You might think you're kidding, but you're not far off. NU was Kent's first offer at back in the fall and relatively early with Brown as well, at least before both blew up on the recruiting trail.

You might think you're kidding, but you're not far off. NU was Kent's first offer at back in the fall and relatively early with Brown as well, at least before both blew up on the recruiting trail.
How do we hold this kind of thing up for others to see. Being very good at one thing often translates into other things. Fitz's staff knows college football.

I'll keep saying this until I am blue in the face. This staff has always been very good at talent evaluation. We need to ramp up the talent development.

The defense is staying strong. Reloaded at DE now.

Lou,

With their offer lists, it's just astonishing to me that Earnest is unranked by Rivals and Trevor is a *** star. Both are **** stars on TOS! Let's get with it Rivals.

Earnest is unranked because Rivals' experts haven't evaluated him yet. It's not a reflection on his ability. Kent is a 3-star, but he's a 5.7, which is .1 away from a 4-star. I agree he should be a 4, but he's awfully close already. And really, who cares? Look at their offer lists instead of their star rankings.

Last edited:
Here's the quickie story I had ready to go....

Another big get for NU
First, a big welcome to Trevor and Earnest! It is clear that the success of our defensive coaches, Hankwitz, Bates, Long, and Brown, both on the field and in producing draftable players from guys who were not projected to be great players out of HS, is being recognized. With the new facility and Fitz and his staff here for the long haul, NU's football future looks darn good.

I'll keep saying this until I am blue in the face. This staff has always been very good at talent evaluation. We need to ramp up the talent development.
Wouldn't Vatile and Lowry's recent scores at the combine point to read development?

Reactions: iskaboo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT