ADVERTISEMENT

Cats Lose a Commit

At least the good news is that he decided to decommit quickly and not at the last minute, which leaves us in good shape to continue filling the class with our high priority targets.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Is three days the shortest amount of time for a decommitment?

At least the good news is that he decided to decommit quickly and not at the last minute, which leaves us in good shape to continue filling the class with our high priority targets.
I wonder what our communication with Calcaterra has been since he committed and recommitted?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Will the staff pursue another SB recruit, or use that empty slot to go after another position of need?

Will the staff pursue another SB recruit, or use that empty slot to go after another position of need?

Would imagine they pursue only the "best available" type guys, those who you would take regardless of position. For my money, Calcaterra is the only guy at that level among the current uncommitted SB offers (don't think Jaggers is at all a realistic target at this point).

Wolma committed to AZ. Welcome to the big leagues.

Sort of hard to imagine we really wanted two SBs in one class (especially if it was a smaller class). We had both offers out maybe Wolma committed not knowing we already had a commit at the position. It did happen pretty quickly.

Sort of hard to imagine we really wanted two SBs in one class (especially if it was a smaller class). We had both offers out maybe Wolma committed not knowing we already had a commit at the position. It did happen pretty quickly.

I don't think it's hard to imagine at all -- behind Dickerson and Taylor, the only SBs on the roster in 2016 will be a converted DE in James Prather and incoming recruit Eric Eshoo, who is likely to redshirt.

And Wolma was fully aware of Pugh's commitment when he committed to NU. Heffner called Wolma after Pugh's commitment to let him know, then Wolma committed shortly thereafter. Reading the tea leaves, it seems Wolma was still in the "post-visit glow" period and made a hasty decision he regretted after sleeping on it. Sucks for NU, but if I'm being honest (and really isn't sour grapes here), I would MUCH rather have Pugh.

Think it's been stated that this class will be around 20, give or take.

I don't think it's hard to imagine at all -- behind Dickerson and Taylor, the only SBs on the roster in 2016 will be a converted DE in James Prather and incoming recruit Eric Eshoo, who is likely to redshirt.
What about little Vitale?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT