ADVERTISEMENT

Cats need beef

xxjfgxx

Jan 7, 2012
It’s becoming clear that the cats need much more size and strength up front. Cannot live on the 3pt shot alone. Too many wings and no power forwards. Take away Pardon and you got nothing inside.
Focus must be bringing in some wide bodies.

Reactions: loyolacat
No. NU needs guards who can create their own shot and get to the basket. It’s so obvious that the announcers were saying it last night.

Pardon actually cares, Benson will get there and Ryan Young is a bit of a developmental Big, but he’ll have the most size since Olah.

It’s becoming clear that the cats need much more size and strength up front. Cannot live on the 3pt shot alone. Too many wings and no power forwards. Take away Pardon and you got nothing inside.
Focus must be bringing in some wide bodies.

You do know that Gavin is the same height and weight as Pardon, correct? And Rap is the same size, no fault of staff that he has been injured. Also Benson has been playing well, and we saw him and Pardon on the court at the same time for a bit, last night, might be a sign of things to come..

cats need much more size and strength up front

NU needs guards who can create their own shot and get to the basket.
I think you are both correct.........but I think this also creates deficiencies defensively as well......So how do we adjust to the talent we have..? Could be crazy but I think we need to go to a zone on defense....maybe keeps us in the game ...makes the other team work harder on offense....maybe we get a few more steals...etc...I dont know just grasping at straws....just hate to see this team discouraged..... But it appears that we know what the teams strengths and weaknesses are in the clear light of the B10 schedule...Time for a Plan B

I think you are both correct.........but I think this also creates deficiencies defensively as well......So how do we adjust to the talent we have..? Could be crazy but I think we need to go to a zone on defense....maybe keeps us in the game ...makes the other team work harder on offense....maybe we get a few more steals...etc...I dont know just grasping at straws....just hate to see this team discouraged..... But it appears that we know what the teams strengths and weaknesses are in the clear light of the B10 schedule...Time for a Plan B

We most certainly need to try zone due to the tremedous dropoff from our best defender (Law) to our second best (Pardon?) that I have pointed out in other threads.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
You do know that Gavin is the same height and weight as Pardon, correct? And Rap is the same size, no fault of staff that he has been injured. Also Benson has been playing well, and we saw him and Pardon on the court at the same time for a bit, last night, might be a sign of things to come..

Also Benson has been playing well...

I must have missed that.....

While I am a Benson fan, I agree with Mystic. Mike - care to share a little more detail to substantiate your claim?

His defense has markedly improved, he has cut down on his fouls (though still has more work to do here), and has developed a nice touch around the rim. In fact, for the few minutes he has entered the game for Pardon, he has made the most of his limited touches. CC must be seeing this as well, since he played both Pardon and Benson at the same time vs. PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT