ADVERTISEMENT

'Cats open at minus 3 vs. Minny

The consensus line on Vegas insider has NU as a 2.5 point dog. I am very surprised, not only with the swing from opening, but that we are viewed as the dog. Wow.

The consensus line on Vegas insider has NU as a 2.5 point dog. I am very surprised, not only with the swing from opening, but that we are viewed as the dog. Wow.

The line now says these teams are equal on a neutral field.

The line now says these teams are equal on a neutral field.

I don’t see it. I think everyone is counting on a letdown week after clinching the West. I really believe this is a focused NU team right now that wants to keep the momentum going.

We’ll know soon enough, but I think that’s a bad line. I actually agreed with last week’s Iowa line way more than this one.

I don’t see it. I think everyone is counting on a letdown week after clinching the West. I really believe this is a focused NU team right now that wants to keep the momentum going.

We’ll know soon enough, but I think that’s a bad line. I actually agreed with last week’s Iowa line way more than this one.
Last week's Iowa line at least had some justification: Iowa had a loaded DL and a group of TEs that can cause lots of problems along with a veteran QB.

We're better than Minnesota in virtually every phase of the game, and they don't have a unit that should cause us fits; conversely, our strengths (our front 7 and our running game) should work perfectly against them.

The Iowa line was at least based on matchups, whereas this Minnesota line movement is just based on "hocus pocus" expectations that we'll have a let down while Minnesota is playing for a bowl game.

Football is an emotional game (see Minnesota vs Purdue where Purdue just quit early on in that game), but if we play well, we can control possession and dominate this game even if the score looks like a 24-14 kind of game.

I too like being a slight dog on the road. We tend to play better that way. But in any event, we have been playing well on the road
You can't really believe that the players look at the odds and play better if they are projected the underdog, can you?

You can't really believe that the players look at the odds and play better if they are projected the underdog, can you?

Can’t you just see the players watching line movement and having motivational flip flops? “Oh, we’re favored now - foot off the pedal!”

Football is an emotional game (see Minnesota vs Purdue where Purdue just quit early on in that game), but if we play well, we can control possession and dominate this game even if the score looks like a 24-14 kind of game.
I think part of the line placing NU as dogs is based on an emotional let down having won the West and all. The thing is, I don't think NU is a typically emotional team relative to college football. I think NU is pretty business like and cerebral almost to a fault sometimes but it will serve them well this week.

No respect! 2 of 4 guys on BTN predicted a Minnesota win.

Put the hammer down, Cats!! Sink that rowboat.

I'm glad a lot of people lost money betting against us this week.

Hope same thing happens next week.

Reactions: DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT