ADVERTISEMENT

CFN Prediction

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
This is a good Irish team, but it’s about to get bogged down in Northwestern’s world.

It’s going to take Irish mistakes, and it’ll require a nearly perfect performance from Thorson, but Northwestern drags down teams to its level.

It’s going to be sluggish, it’s going be ugly, and it’s going to be tense.

Just like Northwestern likes it.

Don’t be shocked if there’s some free football with an overtime involved.

Fearless Prediction & Line
Northwestern 26, Notre Dame 23

I'd take it.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10/notre-dame-vs-northwestern-fearless-prediction-game-preview

Reactions: HappyNUyear
This is a good Irish team, but it’s about to get bogged down in Northwestern’s world.

It’s going to take Irish mistakes, and it’ll require a nearly perfect performance from Thorson, but Northwestern drags down teams to its level.

It’s going to be sluggish, it’s going be ugly, and it’s going to be tense.

Just like Northwestern likes it.

Don’t be shocked if there’s some free football with an overtime involved.

Fearless Prediction & Line
Northwestern 26, Notre Dame 23

I'd take it.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/10/notre-dame-vs-northwestern-fearless-prediction-game-preview
He must not have watched Bowser the last two games rush for over 100 yards in each game.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
He must not have watched Bowser the last two games rush for over 100 yards in each game.

“Sluggish, ugly, and tense” isn’t a bad description of Bowser’s running style. He’s been a revelation in that we had essentially zero production from the run game before the past two games, but sledding should be tough against the ND front.

I obviously like the fearless prediction, but surprised NU’s defense doesn’t get more respect (somehow comes up with breaks at the right time). The team has gotten better, and I think CT will be sharp, after an initial adrenaline pass sails high. Hopefully his poor decisions are in the past. This is a huge opportunity for him to show folks his NFL material.

My personal goal: I will try to enjoy the ride on Saturday night rather than being tense. I need to play loose like the team.

I hope Pa-Dee-Fi-Sher, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap! Has a big game.

Reactions: rmndcat
I obviously like the fearless prediction, but surprised NU’s defense doesn’t get more respect (somehow comes up with breaks at the right time). The team has gotten better, and I think CT will be sharp, after an initial adrenaline pass sails high. Hopefully his poor decisions are in the past. This is a huge opportunity for him to show folks his NFL material.

My personal goal: I will try to enjoy the ride on Saturday night rather than being tense. I need to play loose like the team.

I hope Pa-Dee-Fi-Sher, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap! Has a big game.
I hear you on the personal goal. Given ND's ranking, but more importantly the context of the West divisional race, I feel like we are playing with House money this week. So my goal in similar. Of course, that may go out the window with the first setback. But I'll try!

I like CFN, despite the crazy amounts of ads all over the place. That said, they don't predict upsets very often. This is pretty unusual.

“Sluggish, ugly, and tense” isn’t a bad description of Bowser’s running style. He’s been a revelation in that we had essentially zero production from the run game before the past two games, but sledding should be tough against the ND front.
Question: How does the ND "front" compare to the WI "front."

Heard Greg McElroy and Taylor Zarzer (?sp) on ESPNU radio responding to a caller who thought NU had a 1 in 3 chance to win against ND.... they give the Cats a very good shot and believe it will be a close game. Recognize that IB has improved the running game significantly, like what Mick brings to the offensive game plan and feel NU is underrated defensively.

I hear you on the personal goal. Given ND's ranking, but more importantly the context of the West divisional race, I feel like we are playing with House money this week. So my goal in similar. Of course, that may go out the window with the first setback. But I'll try!
House money for sure! Let er rip!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT