ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks to Boo and to everyone

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
What a fun season. What a fun, fun, fun season.

Thanks to Langborg and Preston for seeing their futures in purple.

Thanks to Brooks and Nicky for expanding their games.

Thanks to Hunger and Big Matt for bringing toughness every night.

Thanks to Berry for clearly shooting 500 threes a day over the summer.

Thanks to Blake and Justin for bringing the effort when given the opportunity.

Thanks to Clayton for fearlessly taking the court, even though he probably wasn’t ready.

And, of course, thanks to Boo for playing with an infectious joy, for coming up with creative ways to score, for truly earning a national spotlight, and for being my favorite Wildcat ever.

What a fun season.
It’s such a shame that the two injuries happened. While the team had enough guys to handle the loss of Berry, Nicholson is a truly irreplaceable presence. It was just too much.

It’ll be easy to think of what could have been — in mid-February, this team stared down the weaker part of the schedule with a chance to run the table and get ranked and take a four or five or six seed. But it was not to be, and they got dealt the toughest possible hand — assuming tonight goes as expected, three straight final four teams to start the tournament.

But, geez, I’ll just do my best to think of what actually was. A great home court advantage. McKinney’s jersey retirement. Overtime wins and losses. There’s a real joy to seeing pure domination at Indiana, no matter how strong or weak they are. Two all-timers against Purdue. Brooks with an all-time great finish in an all-time clutch moment.

This seemed impossible 16 months ago.

How about a top flight point guard transfer and another return trip next year?

Agree with everything. Thanks to all you all for your posts as a source of endless entertainment as I’m mostly a lurker. Special shoutout to Boo for choosing and sticking with Northwestern. Can’t stress how meaningful he has been to our community. Great season that was a ton of fun! My 2 and 4 year olds don’t know much about Northwestern or basketball (yet), but they know how to say Boo Buie!

Thanks to Clayton for fearlessly taking the court, even though he probably wasn’t ready.

And, of course, thanks to Boo for playing with an infectious joy, for coming up with creative ways to score, for truly earning a national spotlight, and for being my favorite Wildcat ever.

What a fun season.
It’s such a shame that the two injuries happened. While the team had enough guys to handle the loss of Berry, Nicholson is a truly irreplaceable presence. It was just too much.

It’ll be easy to think of what could have been — in mid-February, this team stared down the weaker part of the schedule with a chance to run the table and get ranked and take a four or five or six seed. But it was not to be, and they got dealt the toughest possible hand — assuming tonight goes as expected, three straight final four teams to start the tournament.

But, geez, I’ll just do my best to think of what actually was. A great home court advantage. McKinney’s jersey retirement. Overtime wins and losses. There’s a real joy to seeing pure domination at Indiana, no matter how strong or weak they are. Two all-timers against Purdue. Brooks with an all-time great finish in an all-time clutch moment.

Well said. A special season.

Reactions: drewjin

What a fun season.

Agree with all of this, but need to add our outstanding coaches to this list as well!

This season was something I/we’ve dreamed of for a long time. I’ve never had as much fun at home games as I had this year.
Thanks to every single player on the team for representing us with a fierce determination that was amazing. Incredible. Oh, and with class.

Boo and Borg, I’m going to miss you guys. But I have a feeling you’ll do just fine, no matter what you do next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT