ADVERTISEMENT

Challenge Mode: Say Something Nice About the Offense

AdamOnFirst

Nov 29, 2021
Your challenge is to say something legitimately positive about the offense. You cannot use an underhanded compliment that is actually an insult, but you may damn with faint praise or by omission.

I’ll go first:

Jack Lausch has a lot of heart out there and deserved more completions than he ended up with.

The offensive line is probably better than it could have been given the lack of experience entering the year and all the injuries, especially in pass pro.

Your challenge is to say something legitimately positive about the offense. You cannot use an underhanded compliment that is actually an insult, but you may damn with faint praise or by omission.

I’ll go first:

Jack Lausch has a lot of heart out there and deserved more completions than he ended up with.

The offensive line is probably better than it could have been given the lack of experience entering the year and all the injuries, especially in pass pro.

Mostly agreed… Lausch stood in there and made the right decision more often than not. The 2Q layup INT is inexcusable, but otherwise he stood in there and competed. Perfection isn’t to be expected of him right now, the guys around him will have to pick up some slack. And they flat out didn’t.

Henning had a nice run on a sweep, as well as multiple receptions. Checking the box score now....he was the only player with more than one reception. Yikes!

Positive: our ball carriers do a great job curling up in the fetal position pre-contact. Don't want to get hurt!!! Extra yards and first downs are overrated!

Positive: our ball carriers do a great job curling up in the fetal position pre-contact. Don't want to get hurt!!! Extra yards and first downs are overrated!
Hey new guy! You get biggest moron of the night! And that’s saying something with so many moronic comments all over the board!

Reactions: corbi296

I’ll go first:

The offensive line looks better with the new coach and Tiernan will likely get drafted. That was Braun’s best hire in the offseason- our new OL coach is a hoss.

The offense is bound to struggle without Porter. He sets the tone with his hard running and is a bona fide Big Ten RB.

If Tyus gets drafted from Ohio… 😑

I’ll go first:

I agree with both of these. I actually thought the OL did a decent job in pass protection picking up blitzes. Lausch just was scared to make the throws. Some plays no one was open. But some plays he had opportunities and wouldn’t pull the trigger. Then when he started slinging it later in the game our WRs had a couple brutal drops…

But OL pass protection was pretty solid I thought. Run blocking not so much…

If I told you another team was on the road breaking in a new QB with a depleted line and missing their starting tailback...you'd say their fans were idiots to expect very much.

How was that?

I agree with both of these. I actually thought the OL did a decent job in pass protection picking up blitzes. Lausch just was scared to make the throws. Some plays no one was open. But some plays he had opportunities and wouldn’t pull the trigger. Then when he started slinging it later in the game our WRs had a couple brutal drops…

But OL pass protection was pretty solid I thought. Run blocking not so much…
The OL does not get a passing grade here. Lausch was flushed nearly every play. The fact that we left 2 TD’s on the table where 1 or 2 yards on the ground changes the whole dynamic of the game can not be overlooked. Braun and/or Lujan’s play calling didn’t reflect any confidence in the OL and that was disappointing. I thought we gave up in the run game early because we got punched in the mouth to start the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT