ADVERTISEMENT

Changes to the two-deep this week

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
We've got a few interesting changes this week:

- Trey Pugh is back on the depth chart at SB, replacing Tent Goens, who is a No. 2 DE now.

- Trae Williams replaces Greg Newsome at CB. Newsome isn't listed. (?)

- Tommy Adebawore replaces Samdup Miller at DE. Miller isn't listed (?).

- Trevor Kent is not on the two-deep.

- Andrew David replaces Daniel Kubiuk as the No. 1 punter.

Reactions: Titanium999
The addition of Pugh to the two-deep is very significant.

He didn’t redshirt as a freshman so he can play in each of these final four games and still get the season back.

That’ll be important to build rapport with Hunter and get more game experience heading into next year. We have been... lacking... at Superback this year, to put it as nicely as I can.

We've got a few interesting changes this week:

- Trey Pugh is back on the depth chart at SB, replacing Tent Goens, who is a No. 2 DE now.

- Trae Williams replaces Greg Newsome at CB. Newsome isn't listed. (?)

- Tommy Adebawore replaces Samdup Miller at DE. Miller isn't listed (?).

- Trevor Kent is not on the two-deep.

- Andrew David replaces Daniel Kubiuk as the No. 1 punter.

I am not surprised to see some changes on defense. What I have found most depressing in these last few games is the deterioration in the play of our DL. Maybe it’s because our depth has taken a hit with injuries or maybe it’s the amount of snaps these guys are playing because of the lackluster offense but our DL is not playing the run or the pass at a level that is anywhere close to their usual standard. Goens coming back should be a nice boost.

Jefferson is still on there, so maybe he can play this weekend? Is Evan Hull really ahead of Moten and Brown?

Newsome and Miller are out for the rest of the season. The two deep is starting to look pretty thin.

Reactions: drewjin
Jefferson is still on there, so maybe he can play this weekend? Is Evan Hull really ahead of Moten and Brown?

Newsome and Miller are out for the rest of the season. The two deep is starting to look pretty thin.

When it rains, it pours. This is a monsoon of bad news.

Miller, Kent, Brown all out on the dline and O'Rourke hasn't been seen for weeks. Serious hits on the dline. The whole defense has to be beat up including the guys that are still playing due to being on the field so much because of the horrible offense.

Like a plague of locusts, our defense has been beset by injury. I guess the silver lining is that this season was lost a while ago. At least young guys will get some meaningful reps. I will be watching Tommy Bawore, Malik Washington and Evan Hull ply their trade vs. Purdue. I imagine we will see Wyatt Blake rubbing noses out there too.

I thought it was a shoulder.. guy I was with said dislocated shoulder right after play.. he was just guessing but mentioned it with a damn. Better than a knee

You guys may very well be right. It looked like the guy fell on his ankle/lower leg in the end zone, so i was just guessing.

All in all, I'd rather have his legs intact.
This is like a bridge collapsed or something. The pigeons will have to come to roost somewhere else. Taj Fitz maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT