ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Moore status

I haven't followed, is NU really in the discussion with Charlie? Pretty
circuitous route for young Mr. Moore to get back to Chicago? Hope it
works out for him and hope CCC finds his pieces and parts going forward...

Can’t help but draw comparisons between Moore’s situation and Hunter Johnson’s. Both highly rated recruits at the sport’s most important position. Both went to blue bloods and it didn’t work out for one reason or another. In both cases, NU has a wide open starting spot for them, closer to family.

Hope Charlie makes the same decision as Hunter.

Can’t help but draw comparisons between Moore’s situation and Hunter Johnson’s. Both highly rated recruits at the sport’s most important position. Both went to blue bloods and it didn’t work out for one reason or another. In both cases, NU has a wide open starting spot for them, closer to family.

Hope Charlie makes the same decision as Hunter.
Moore is going on his third school. Hunter transferred because he is playing behind the best prospect in college football. Charlie didn’t see minutes on a very mediocre Kansas team. It is much easier getting some minutes as a back up PG than a back up QB. Charlie didn’t see a lot of minutes. Not seeing it.

...Charlie didn’t see minutes on a very mediocre Kansas team. It is much easier getting some minutes as a back up PG than a back up QB...

I get what your saying regarding the accuracy of the comp, but if finishing third in the Big XII and losing in the round of 32 to a final four qualifier makes one mediocre, sign me up!

Moore is going on his third school. Hunter transferred because he is playing behind the best prospect in college football. Charlie didn’t see minutes on a very mediocre Kansas team. It is much easier getting some minutes as a back up PG than a back up QB. Charlie didn’t see a lot of minutes. Not seeing it.

i dodn't know PPD - l HJ was a 5 star and didn't play at clemson - and was the 2nd best QB prospect in the country. That is basically the basketball version of being a lottery pick or generally a 2 and done in mbb.

Charlie - while talented - was a four star and is undersized at 5'11. and while struggled to find a place at kansas was fairly productive/useful at as freshmen playing 34 games and 30 min a game.

if anything Moore is a much more proven player for his level of talent than HJ at this point (who is has never lead a team for a full season). and he is a former CPS player which could defintely help moving forward.

CCC could possibly get Moore, Freeman-Liberty, and DJ Steward and change the CPS narrative for NU

Hopfully Moore commits and after 2 years we have to argue who did more for their program :)

i dodn't know PPD - l HJ was a 5 star and didn't play at clemson - and was the 2nd best QB prospect in the country. That is basically the basketball version of being a lottery pick or generally a 2 and done in mbb.

Charlie - while talented - was a four star and is undersized at 5'11. and while struggled to find a place at kansas was fairly productive/useful at as freshmen playing 34 games and 30 min a game.

if anything Moore is a much more proven player for his level of talent than HJ at this point (who is has never lead a team for a full season). and he is a former CPS player which could defintely help moving forward.

CCC could possibly get Moore, Freeman-Liberty, and DJ Steward and change the CPS narrative for NU

Hopfully Moore commits and after 2 years we have to argue who did more for their program :)
No disrespect meant to Charlie. I hope NU gets him, but I think Hunter is a game changer for football. Arguably the best recruit we have ever got. Of course he could flop, but I would be very surprised.

NU sniffs around CPS players but I can’t see us suddenly being a player there. You know more than me, but is Steward even realistically considering NU.

Moore is pretty good, much better than his time at Kansas would lead you to believe. The one drawback I recall from his time at Cal is that he’s very ball dominant and is a high volume guy who can be inefficient. But on a roster that is void of a playmaker, he would immediately be your best guy to “go get one” when you need it. I don’t think he makes a team 5+ wins better, but he’s a huge upgrade over your current guards.

As far as moving the needle in CPS, hard to say. He’s been out of high school for four years now, and is on his third school. So I’d say it’s a little different than the impact he could have on CPS kids if he’d gone to NU straight out of high school. But either way, that’s picking nits. He’d immediately be the best player on your roster. Even if he has to sit a year, given the current roster I think that’s a good use of a scholarship.

No disrespect meant to Charlie. I hope NU gets him, but I think Hunter is a game changer for football. Arguably the best recruit we have ever got. Of course he could flop, but I would be very surprised.

NU sniffs around CPS players but I can’t see us suddenly being a player there. You know more than me, but is Steward even realistically considering NU.

point is HJ is completely unproven in a full season and going off hype (which is not allowed on this board!) and being the #2 prospect in country and getting beat out is worse than being a 4 star and not playing at Kansas - whether Moore comes to NU or not. i see how you disagree but that's how i put it.

and yes - NU is a legitimate option for Stewerd, along with Freeman-Liberty and Moore. So in 2020 NU could potentially have 2 Whitney Players and 1 Morgan park player on the roster.

@haywood jahblowme for reference, HJ was beaten out by the #1 prospect who also won a national championship.
Yeah. He would be the first pick in the NFL draft if he were eligible. It's the football equivalent of getting beat out by Zion Williamson. No shame there at all. And it's not like basketball where you can be on the court together.

Reactions: GOUNUII
I didn't mean they were precisely comparable. I just meant that from NU's point of view, they both are highly-rated transfers who would be stepping into a massive void at the most important position.

Just as Collins has struggled to recruit lead guards, for one reason or another, Fitz missed on a bunch of QBs. Was expecting to have Cale Millen step in as a freshman, only for him to decommit. Sound familiar?

I didn't mean they were precisely comparable. I just meant that from NU's point of view, they both are highly-rated transfers who would be stepping into a massive void at the most important position.

Just as Collins has struggled to recruit lead guards, for one reason or another, Fitz missed on a bunch of QBs. Was expecting to have Cale Millen step in as a freshman, only for him to decommit. Sound familiar?

Is another Moore thread veering off the rails... [ducks again]

point is HJ is completely unproven in a full season and going off hype (which is not allowed on this board!) and being the #2 prospect in country and getting beat out is worse than being a 4 star and not playing at Kansas - whether Moore comes to NU or not. i see how you disagree but that's how i put it.

and yes - NU is a legitimate option for Stewerd, along with Freeman-Liberty and Moore. So in 2020 NU could potentially have 2 Whitney Players and 1 Morgan park player on the roster.
And access to the CPL?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT