7 Michigan St
8 Purdue
9 Maryland

10 Indiana
11 Nebraska
12 Minnesota

13 Illinois

14 Rutgers

It's quite a muddle between 3 and 8, or even 3 and 9 though. There will be some interesting games in the next few weeks to sort things out.

Not impressed with Ped State this year, easily could have at least 2 more losses this far.

It seems Io_a is better than _isconsin this year. We can judge firsthand in 2 weeks.

My shamelessly biased top five so far:
  1. Michigan
  2. duhOSU
  3. NU
  4. Ped State
  5. Io_a
NU to win rematch against Michigag in Indy.

Yeah, I'd have Northwestern at 4 as well given we're 5-1 in the conference with full control of the division at the moment. I agree pretty much completely with your list 1-14.

Iowa-Purdue and Iowa-Northwestern will tell us a lot more about the conference.

Yeah, I'd have Northwestern at 4 as well given we're 5-1 in the conference with full control of the division at the moment. I agree pretty much completely with your list 1-14.

Iowa-Purdue and Iowa-Northwestern will tell us a lot more about the conference.
you and I seem to be agreeing on a fair number of things recently.

Reactions: NUMBfan and zeek55
you and I seem to be agreeing on a fair number of things recently.
Yeah, I try to stay "cautiously optimistic" about Northwestern football; everything seems to be pointed in the right direction overall, which is why I try to never get too low or high at any point in the season, so I can keep the bigger picture in mind.

Then after the season, it's a lot easier to put things into perspective.

It's why I don't really post much during games unless we're playing well. Our fans should know better than most that we can win hopeless games or lose games that we should have closed better than anybody else.

1 Michigan
2 Ohio St

... then ?
3 Penn St
4 Northwestern (I think?)
5 Wisconsin
6 Iowa
7 Michigan St
8 Purdue
9 Maryland

10 Indiana
11 Nebraska
12 Minnesota

13 Illinois

14 Rutgers

It's quite a muddle between 3 and 8, or even 3 and 9 though. There will be some interesting games in the next few weeks to sort things out.
Until we play Iowa, I'd still have to put them ahead of us, as by the eye test (other than against Ped State and a healthy Wisconsin), they've generally looked better.

1. Michigan
2. OSU

3. Penn St
4. Iowa
5. Northwestern
6. Wisconsin

7. MSU
8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Nebraska

11. Minnesota
12. Maryland
13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

Reactions: ricko654321
Until we play Iowa, I'd still have to put them ahead of us, as by the eye test (other than against Ped State and a healthy Wisconsin), they've generally looked better.

1. Michigan
2. OSU

3. Penn St
4. Iowa
5. Northwestern
6. Wisconsin

7. MSU
8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Nebraska

11. Minnesota
12. Maryland
13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

So you’re saying that Iowa has looked good besides the two games they played against decent opponents?

1. Michigan
2. OSU

3. Penn St
4. Iowa
5. Northwestern
6. Wisconsin

7. MSU
8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Nebraska

11. Minnesota
12. Maryland
13. Illinois

14. Rutgers
That’s reasonable too... my logic is we should be ahead of Wisconsin after soundly beating them. And Wiscy narrowly ahead of Iowa bc they beat them on the road and their only B1G losses are to 1 and 3 on the list. But when you take into account the OOC losses of NU and Wisconsin, you can make the argument that Iowa is ahead of us for now. They did beat Iowa St I guess, but outside of them don’t have much in terms of quality wins (while we have Wiscy MSU and Purdue as decent wins). So it could go either way. We get to play them on the field soon enough.

PS hard to see why you have Maryland at 12 based on their performance thus far. I dropped them at 9 in part cause you have to expect this turmoil is going to hit them in the coming weeks, but right now they are 3-2 in conference (against a weak schedule admittedly) with a win over Texas to boot. I’d say that’s a fair bit better than Neb or anyone else on down from there.

Reactions: drewjin
That’s reasonable too... my logic is we should be ahead of Wisconsin after soundly beating them. And Wiscy narrowly ahead of Iowa bc they beat them on the road and their only B1G losses are to 1 and 3 on the list. But when you take into account the OOC losses of NU and Wisconsin, you can make the argument that Iowa is ahead of us for now. They did beat Iowa St I guess, but outside of them don’t have much in terms of quality wins (while we have Wiscy MSU and Purdue as decent wins). So it could go either way. We get to play them on the field soon enough.

PS hard to see why you have Maryland at 12 based on their performance thus far. I dropped them at 9 in part cause you have to expect this turmoil is going to hit them in the coming weeks, but right now they are 3-2 in conference (against a weak schedule admittedly) with a win over Texas to boot. I’d say that’s a fair bit better than Neb or anyone else on down from there.
Good point. Revised bottom of the B10...

7. MSU
8. Purdue
9. Maryland
10. Indiana

11. Minnesota
12. Nebraska
13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

Reactions: ricko654321
Not impressed with Ped State this year, easily could have at least 2 more losses this far.

It seems Io_a is better than _isconsin this year. We can judge firsthand in 2 weeks.

My shamelessly biased top five so far:
  1. Michigan
  2. duhOSU
  3. NU
  4. Ped State
  5. Io_a
NU to win rematch against Michigag in Indy.

Penn State also easily could have been undefeated as could have Iowa. We easily could have beaten Akron, but easily could have lost to Nebraska or even Rutgers, which would have been a real gag.

Ironically we’ve looked good except for the games against our worst opponents.
The story of many, if not most, Wildcat teams the past 20 years. Our 10 win seasons have really been the only ones where we crushed some bad teams (and the ones we didn't crush, at least we beat).

1. Michigan
2. OSU

3. Penn St
4. Iowa
5. Northwestern
6. Wisconsin

7. MSU
8. Purdue
9. Indiana
10. Nebraska

11. Minnesota
12. Maryland