ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Players, Coach Braun, and New Coaches

catfans5

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2011
I went to today's game with a lot of trepidation about how the team will do. Few of us could have any idea of what the players and the staff went through this past summer. Coach Braun was from what I see and read was thrusted into this position.

Today's game was a new experience. The last time the Cats won a game at home was in October of 2021. The players today played hard and were enthusiastic. Couple of speed plays were great. On Henning's touchdown to the west side, he made it through a hole into the end zone that our group thought in prior years never would have occurred. Some other fun plays during the game. It as fun to see some actual talent on the field. I am so happy for the players after all the crap they endured this past summer.

As to the coaching, we saw something in the 2nd half that we have not seen in a few years--adjustments. Both the the defense and the offense adjusted. Totally different half. There did not seem to be the usual, stupid penalties. It just seemed, at least on defense, that the players knew where to be. I am not going to say that there were not breakdowns--there were, but our group felt that NU was a much better coached team. This was a game that we lost twice last year, but not this year. Kudos to Coach Braun and the staff.

It was nice to leave Ryan Field with a smiles on our faces.

I went to today's game with a lot of trepidation about how the team will do. Few of us could have any idea of what the players and the staff went through this past summer. Coach Braun was from what I see and read was thrusted into this position.

Today's game was a new experience. The last time the Cats won a game at home was in October of 2023. The players today played hard and were enthusiastic. Couple of speed plays were great. On Henning's touchdown to the west side, he made it through a hole into the end zone that our group thought in prior years never would have occurred. Some other fun plays during the game. It as fun to see some actual talent on the field. I am so happy for the players after all the crap they endured this past summer.

As to the coaching, we saw something in the 2nd half that we have not seen in a few years--adjustments. Both the the defense and the offense adjusted. Totally different half. There did not seem to be the usual, stupid penalties. It just seemed, at least on defense, that the players knew where to be. I am not going to say that there were not breakdowns--there were, but our group felt that NU was a much better coached team. This was a game that we lost twice last year, but not this year. Kudos to Coach Braun and the staff.

It was nice to leave Ryan Field with a smiles on our faces.

Bravo, well said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT