ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations Drew

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
On breaking Peyton's passing touchdown record and setting a new in game completion record. Interestingly when asked about completing 29 of 30 passes all Drew could focus on was the one he missed.

Didn't make it to the Citrus Bowl to get to see Peyton Manning play as a collegiate player, but do have memories of seeing Drew Brees on the field against Northwestern.

Wouldn't it have been great to have seen Brees play for the Cats?? He had the grades/scores to get into NU, but didn't get an offer. I think Purdue was one of/or only BIG offer as a scholarship. He was short, slow and had a knee brace on in hs- that scared off a bunch of programs even though he won a Texas state title (I think if I recall correctly). That clutch last minute long distance throw that beat NU at Dyche stadium that seemed to go for 110 yards will forever haunt my memories of my s.t.h. days.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Wouldn't it have been great to have seen Brees play for the Cats?? He had the grades/scores to get into NU, but didn't get an offer. I think Purdue was one of/or only BIG offer as a scholarship. He was short, slow and had a knee brace on in hs- that scared off a bunch of programs even though he won a Texas state title (I think if I recall correctly). That clutch last minute long distance throw that beat NU at Dyche stadium that seemed to go for 110 yards will forever haunt my memories of my s.t.h. days.

Purdue and Kentucky were his only high-level offers... and even then, those weren't exactly blue bloods either.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2000-12-06-0012060428-story.html

On breaking Peyton's passing touchdown record and setting a new in game completion record. Interestingly when asked about completing 29 of 30 passes all Drew could focus on was the one he missed.

Didn't make it to the Citrus Bowl to get to see Peyton Manning play as a collegiate player, but do have memories of seeing Drew Brees on the field against Northwestern.
saw way to much of Manning on the hot afternoon in the Citrus Bowl. Way to much "Rocky Top" as well!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT