ADVERTISEMENT

Cormac Ryan update

Update on four star 2018 guard Cormac Ryan and his thoughts on Northwestern
@Corey Evans @lou v
You (and it seems most) view Cormac as a SG, which does not seem surprising. OTOH, Isiah Brown was categorized by you and most as a PG, although he was an extremely proficient HS scorer. Others may be classified as "combo guards" implying they could play both guard spots in college. Yet others may be referred to as "wings", apparently implying that in college they could do well both as SG or sF.

My question is how does Rivals go about determining a players position? Does that info come mostly from actual college recruiters looking at the player? Or it is mostly your own internal evaluation? Or what?

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this matter.

Last edited:
@Corey Evans @lou v
You (and it seems most) view Cormac as a SG, which does not seem surprising. OTOH, Isiah Brown was categorized by you and most as a PG, although he was an extremely proficient HS scorer. Others may be classified as "combo guards" implying they could play both guard spots in college. Yet others may be referred to as "wings", apparently implying that in college they could do well both as SG or sF.

My question is how does Rivals go about determining a players position? Does that info comes mostly from actual college recruiters looking at the player? Or it is mostly your own internal evaluation? Or what?

Thanks in advance for shading some light on this matter.

Oh good, another position debate.

Thanks in advance for shading some light on this matter.
Top 5 best typos of all time. Completely reversed the meaning.

Reactions: NJCat
If we are going to be a consistent winner/NCAA tourney team, we are going to have to win the recruiting wars for guys like Cormac. I don't want to hear we are in guys like Ryan's "top three" or that he "considered going to NU." I want to hear this guy "chose NU because of what a great place/school/coaches/players it offers. And that we got this guy to play for us and continue to kick some butt in the BIG/national recruiting/NCAA tourney. I am not satisfied with just one good season that got us into the tourney. I want more and that is exactly what all of us do. To do that, need to get players like CRyan to play for us. I know that this is quite trite but I just wanted to vent.

Reactions: IGNORE2
If we are going to be a consistent winner/NCAA tourney team, we are going to have to win the recruiting wars for guys like Cormac. I don't want to hear we are in guys like Ryan's "top three" or that he "considered going to NU." I want to hear this guy "chose NU because of what a great place/school/coaches/players it offers. And that we got this guy to play for us and continue to kick some butt in the BIG/national recruiting/NCAA tourney. I am not satisfied with just one good season that got us into the tourney. I want more and that is exactly what all of us do. To do that, need to get players like CRyan to play for us. I know that this is quite trite but I just wanted to vent.
They're comin', Mick. No arrow is pointing anywhere but up for this program.

Seems like we have a shot since we named the fieldhouse after him.

Then, after he is on 4 NCAAT teams, he can name his kid Welsh

And if his wife was US Soccer Men's National Team coach Bruce Arena's daughter, and she kept her maiden name, his kid could be Welsh Ryan Arena......

Bruce-Arena-620x349.jpg

And if his wife was US Soccer Men's National Team coach Bruce Arena's daughter, and she kept her maiden name, his kid could be Welsh Ryan Arena......

Bruce-Arena-620x349.jpg
Even better Gilbert arenas daughter - assuming she has her fathers basketball skills but not his crazy

Pretty sure Collins doesn't want to lose recruiting wars for kids like this. All you can do is sell what you've got, which is one of the best academic schools in the country, playing in a league that generally is one of the most-watched major BB conferences in the country every years, and getting a revamped stadium in two years. That would seem to be a good sales package to me, but you can't force a kid to come.

Pretty sure Collins doesn't want to lose recruiting wars for kids like this. All you can do is sell what you've got, which is one of the best academic schools in the country, playing in a league that generally is one of the most-watched major BB conferences in the country every years, and getting a revamped stadium in two years. That would seem to be a good sales package to me, but you can't force a kid to come.
Collins convinced Law, who had no intention of coming to NU, until ns was named coach. He also convinced Mac to change his mind and choose NU. Falzon and Ivan were two other, highly rated recruits who would be playing somewhere else if a coaching change hadn't taken place. Pretty confident that he will get at least 2 or 3 of his highly rated targets.

Reactions: Zupicky
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT