ADVERTISEMENT

Covid and fall HS football

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
Reading Lou's Tyler Jansey post made me wonder about HS football and vaccines. I didn't want to hijack the Jansey thread so I wanted to ask for discussion here.

Are HS and College football players likely to be pressured to get vaccinated in order to play? As a proponent of vaccinations and moving our economy to a higher level of safety and herd immunity I wish everyone would get the vaccination but I have mixed feeling about organizations forcing the issue.

Seems to me it would be illegal to require athletes to get vaccinated but pressure can be exerted in various ways. I've never really been on an organized team since little league. I remember being benched for missing one practice to visit my grandmother. I'm curious what people think we are going to see in the coming weeks now that 12 year olds can be vaccinated. I could see how some coaches would be afraid the a whole season could be ruined if half his/ her team had to quarantine for two weeks just when things are starting to get normal again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News