ADVERTISEMENT

Cross Country

NJCat, you're XC guy. What does a cross country coach do all day besides hold a stopwatch and recruit? I'd expect that there's not much scouting or analysis involved.

Reactions: DaCat
NJCat, you're XC guy. What does a cross country coach do all day besides hold a stopwatch and recruit? I'd expect that there's not much scouting or analysis involved.
Nope. Don Amidei used to sit in his office in the south stands next to the ticket office and nap.

Reactions: DaCat
Let's see what ChatGPT says:
Overall, the role of a college Division 1 women's cross country coach is multifaceted, requiring a combination of coaching expertise, leadership abilities, and administrative skills to effectively lead and develop a successful team.
  • Recruitment and Talent Identification
  • Training Program Development
  • Team Management
  • Athlete Development and Support
  • Performance Analysis
  • Nutrition and Injury Prevention
  • Team Culture and Leadership
  • Community Engagement and Public Relations
  • Budget Management
  • Professional Development

Nope. Don Amidei used to sit in his office in the south stands next to the ticket office and nap.
I don't know about Amidei, but I'm sure Jill Miller puts in a lot of work. A good friend of mine was on the NU men's XC team from 1980.

Let's see what ChatGPT says:
Overall, the role of a college Division 1 women's cross country coach is multifaceted, requiring a combination of coaching expertise, leadership abilities, and administrative skills to effectively lead and develop a successful team.
  • Recruitment and Talent Identification
  • Training Program Development
  • Team Management
  • Athlete Development and Support
  • Performance Analysis
  • Nutrition and Injury Prevention
  • Team Culture and Leadership
  • Community Engagement and Public Relations
  • Budget Management
  • Professional Development
So, like I said, not much. Performance analysis = stopwatch. Professional development?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT