ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
What an environment this afternoon. Had to have been 80-90% NU fans. Even the Wilson section was full. Students were great but even the old folks (like me) were on their feet many times. What a difference from the McGraw Hall I remember as a freshman in 1974, watching Billy on the Kansas State floor with the dirt floor around the arena.

What an environment this afternoon. Had to have been 80-90% NU fans. Even the Wilson section was full. Students were great but even the old folks (like me) were on their feet many times. What a difference from the McGraw Hall I remember as a freshman in 1974, watching Billy on the Kansas State floor with the dirt floor around the arena.

If I am not mistaken, didn't McGaw have a dirt floor at one time? I believe I recall walking in under the stands through a small tunnel built to shield runners on a mini-track under the stands. Plus there was a batting cage and/or pitching mound in the same area. Don't know. All the arenas I visited are getting jumbled up. I believe the University of Missouri had a dump when Norm Stewart first started coaching and Kansas State had a small, fortress style barn.

Reactions: EagerFan and DaCat
If I am not mistaken, didn't McGaw have a dirt floor at one time? I believe I recall walking in under the stands through a small tunnel built to shield runners on a mini-track under the stands. Plus there was a batting cage and/or pitching mound in the same area. Don't know. All the arenas I visited are getting jumbled up. I believe the University of Missouri had a dump when Norm Stewart first started coaching and Kansas State had a small, fortress style barn.
We always used to wait until the "crowds" cleared the stands before leaving McGaw. Trying to walk through the lung choking dust clouds was brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT