ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Northwestern 2017 Football preview is up

I understand HailtoPurple.com has been looking for a sports writer. Hopefully GoUPurple can get this guy to do the HailtoPurple.com game previews:

11-1, 8-1 BIG TEN
JONAH DYLAN
Forgive me for being optimistic about Northwestern sports. As a rising sophomore, I’ve only ever known a world where the Wildcats make a bowl game and the NCAA Tournament. But is the Rose Bowl really that unattainable? Everything hinges on the Sept. 30 game at Wisconsin. If the Cats, fresh off a bye, play in Madison like it’s 2015, they could easily steal another from the Badgers.

At that point, NU could use that momentum when it comes home to play Penn State in the battle of the Big Ten’s top two RBs. And if both teams are undefeated at that point? Don’t be surprised to see ESPN’s “College GameDay” back in Evanston. Aside from those two games, the schedule is really not that difficult. The Cats avoid having to face Ohio State or Michigan, and get both Iowa and Minnesota, likely their two toughest opponents after facing Penn State, at home.

If NU wins the West, all it takes is one upset at Lucas Oil Stadium, and just like that, the Cats are back where they belong.

I understand HailtoPurple.com has been looking for a sports writer. Hopefully GoUPurple can get this guy to do the HailtoPurple.com game previews:

11-1, 8-1 BIG TEN
JONAH DYLAN
Forgive me for being optimistic about Northwestern sports. As a rising sophomore, I’ve only ever known a world where the Wildcats make a bowl game and the NCAA Tournament. But is the Rose Bowl really that unattainable? Everything hinges on the Sept. 30 game at Wisconsin. If the Cats, fresh off a bye, play in Madison like it’s 2015, they could easily steal another from the Badgers.

At that point, NU could use that momentum when it comes home to play Penn State in the battle of the Big Ten’s top two RBs. And if both teams are undefeated at that point? Don’t be surprised to see ESPN’s “College GameDay” back in Evanston. Aside from those two games, the schedule is really not that difficult. The Cats avoid having to face Ohio State or Michigan, and get both Iowa and Minnesota, likely their two toughest opponents after facing Penn State, at home.

If NU wins the West, all it takes is one upset at Lucas Oil Stadium, and just like that, the Cats are back where they belong.
AHHHH, the bliss of living in his world.

I’ve only ever known a world where the Wildcats make a bowl game and the NCAA Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT