ADVERTISEMENT

Day 7 - Vote for your favorite play, Autry, Hamlett, or Gaz/Hall

Which is your favorite play?

• Autry's 10-yard TD against Penn St - "The Real Deal" (11/4/1995)

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Fastball fake field goal TD to Gerard Hamlett vs. Ilinois (11/19/2005)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Gaz forced fumble that ended in Nate Hall's INT against MSU (10/28/2017)

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmellyCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
0002532_darnell-autry-of-the-wildcats.jpeg

Hamlett@4:25. One thing this little project reminded me of was that Basanez was a really nice runner.

Reactions: NUCat320
Gaz/Hall @ 7:35.

Watch the play before this too. I'm going to really miss Flynn Nagel.

Hamlett’s run was in the game where Baz was broken and couldn’t pass and wasn’t yet any good anyway and NU beat the crap out of Illinois to qualify for a bowl anyway. Am I misremembering? (I think I am. I think the ‘didn’t throw a pass’ game was earlier.)
(Edit: Also, I mistyped ‘wasn’t yet any good’ as ‘wasn’t get any food’, which is great.)

Last edited:
Hamlett’s run was in the game where Baz was broken and couldn’t pass and wasn’t get any food anyway and NU beat the crap out of Illinois to qualify for a bowl anyway. Am I misremembering? (I think I am. I think the ‘didn’t throw a pass’ game was earlier.)
Yeah, the didn't throw a pass in the 2nd half game was 2003, not 2005. When I was searching for this play, I thought it was in that game too.

Matt Rice flashing (not literally) at 3:10 and 3:30.

I was at that game. I don’t think I was ever more excited than during the third quarter when our defense held off PSU like a steel wall.

I think it has been commented on often, but that game was the best “homefield” for the Cats I have ever seen. Excitement about the team had reached a high pitch, and NU fans bought up the tickets in response. I’ll never forget the electric buzz in the crowd as the clock wound down to zero in the 4th quarter, and the roar when it reached 0:00. It was a great evening!

I think it has been commented on often, but that game was the best “homefield” for the Cats I have ever seen. Excitement about the team had reached a high pitch, and NU fans bought up the tickets in response. I’ll never forget the electric buzz in the crowd as the clock wound down to zero in the 4th quarter, and the roar when it reached 0:00. It was a great evening!
I remember a huge sack inside the twenty in the third quarter. I was jumping up and down screaming “DOWN YOU GO! DOWN YOU GO!” in that play. My friend, a Domer, observed that I was releasing twenty years of fan angst in that play.

Reactions: SmellyCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT