ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointed there are so many Indiana fans in the crowd.

FeralFelidae

Sep 1, 2003
It looks 50/50 to me, and this is just Indiana.

I thought the theory of a smaller stadium is that the crowd would be purple.

It’s pathetic and makes me question if our fan base and the school itself are really worthy of or can sustain a modern Big Ten program.

Year yes, we do have thousands of very loyal fans including the folks here, but the turnout this year is very very discouraging and this is an era of an arms race toward the Big Time in the Big Ten and I’m not sure we have the fan base to make it credible

• Angry
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Yeah good luck getting 35k(?) For the new stadium for more than a year or two (except novelty for visiting fans

After the Washington game I am sure a lot of people sold their tickets.

It’s pathetic and makes me question if our fan base and the school itself are really worthy of or can sustain a modern Big Ten program.

Year yes, we do have thousands of very loyal fans including the folks here, but the turnout this year is very very discouraging and this is an era of an arms race toward the Big Time in the Big Ten and I’m not sure we have the fan base to make it credible
Shocker, fans don’t like to watch bad teams that play boring football

Indiana's off to their best start ever in generations, so I'm not surprised.

You'd basically expect them to have more fans showing up home/away (last home game for them had higher attendance than a lot of past couple years games).

Indiana's off to their best start ever in generations, so I'm not surprised.

You'd basically expect them to have more fans showing up home/away (last home game for them had higher attendance than a lot of past couple years games).
Our stadium has a capacity of 12,000, our fans had to sell to them for them to be able to show up

Our stadium has a capacity of 12,000, our fans had to sell to them for them to be able to show up
Yeah, I suspect the lasting damage of last year's offseason will take years to overcome and a coach having some consistency here to get back to those levels of purple in the stands with that commitment that we had pre-Covid.

Reactions: cattul
Yeah, I suspect the lasting damage of last year's offseason will take years to overcome and a coach having some consistency here to get back to those levels of purple in the stands with that commitment that we had pre-Covid.
We went 8-5 last season and the games were sellouts to our fans before the season started, tired of the damn excuses

Visiting fans are bad enough but the IU fans were primarily drunk under 30 something’s. Sad but true.

So a bunch of people watching the game on TV are complaining there aren’t enough NU fans at the game. Hardy har har.

How about it. I mean what's worse? An NU fan who sells their tix to opposing fans or an NU fan that doesn't buy tix to begin with.

I wasn't surprised by the number of IU fans. Lots of alums in Chicago and it's their best start in almost 60 years. To be fair the IU fans I encountered were very nice.

How about it. I mean what's worse? An NU fan who sells their tix to opposing fans or an NU fan that doesn't buy tix to begin with.

I wasn't surprised by the number of IU fans. Lots of alums in Chicago and it's their best start in almost 60 years. To be fair the IU fans I encountered were very nice.
The NU fan who sells their tickets to opposing fans. How is that even a question?

Think about it, before last year we had two years of total garbage. The the Fitz situation, and an absent AD and leadership for three years. NU has a deep hole to dig out from to get fans back. Just win baby......

Think about it, before last year we had two years of total garbage. The the Fitz situation, and an absent AD and leadership for three years. NU has a deep hole to dig out from to get fans back. Just win baby......
It was this way during the height of Fitz too. I would pay a heavy premium to sit in a section where I knew with certainty I wouldn’t be surrounded by away fans.

It was this way during the height of Fitz too. I would pay a heavy premium to sit in a section where I knew with certainty I wouldn’t be surrounded by away fans.
Get used to it. NU can’t draw large numbers, the fan base is aging, and ticket prices will be going up even more. Went to a non-conference game to experience the lakefront stadium and will probably do the same at the new Ryan Field. With 35,000 seats, you can expect 20,000 opposing fans if the opponent is playing well. 10,000 if they aren’t. They’ve lost me. I still enjoy watching from my comfy chair, but can’t imagine NU winning a B1G title anytime in the next couple of decades.

It's our own fault. I like the way European fans support their sports teams and wish we would do the same!

We
Get used to it. NU can’t draw large numbers, the fan base is aging, and ticket prices will be going up even more. Went to a non-conference game to experience the lakefront stadium and will probably do the same at the new Ryan Field. With 35,000 seats, you can expect 20,000 opposing fans if the opponent is playing well. 10,000 if they aren’t. They’ve lost me. I still enjoy watching from my comfy chair, but can’t imagine NU winning a B1G title anytime in the next couple of decades.
unless the new AD can pull a horseshoe out of xyz, we have problems

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT