ADVERTISEMENT

Do we play zone vs. Indiana?

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
I say no.It is a fairly easy defense to beat once you've seen it on tape, an advantage that Minny did not have. I see us playing mostly man, perhaps switching to a match-up zone from time to time just to throw the Hoosiers off.

Whatever gets our players going on d then I'd say go for it! I'd at least give it a shot and see what the results are. We need to start getting winning streaks going! IU is a must win if we want to go dancing!

IU fan here. We've had success against zone defenses this year. Obviously the massive coaching upgrade on our sideline is the reason why.

IU fan here. We've had success against zone defenses this year. Obviously the massive coaching upgrade on our sideline is the reason why.

Yeah, thinking we won't play too much zone, especially since we match-up a bit better in man with Davis out. Should be a good one tomorrow if we show up to play....

Yeah, thinking we won't play too much zone, especially since we match-up a bit better in man with Davis out. Should be a good one tomorrow if we show up to play....
I would suggest that we should mix in both. Agree that IU is not as ripe a target for the zone as Minny without Coffey was. But I think it's worth mixing up the defenses some, then go with whatever is working better for most of the 2nd half.

We've played better without Davis. Have been much quicker defensively and Morgan is dominant as a 5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT