ADVERTISEMENT

Does IU-UCLA have any bearing on how you feel about this game?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Midseason trips across two or three time zones will be challenging for any team. A few times, we’ve seen NFL teams just stay on the west coast if they’ve got back-to-back road game weeks.

But it was nice to me to see IU - new coach, but still IU - beat a UCLA team that won a bowl game last year.

Washington is very beatable, definitely more beatable than a typical returning top team. Last week was Wazzu’s biggest game of the season, and they got statistically outplayed (turnover, yardage), but they won by winning third down and by being disciplined (135 penalty yards for Washington!).

Basically, entering last weekend the optimist in me said, Hey, maybe Washington’s not that good. And now the still-optimistic side says, Hey, if IU did it…. And the more-optimistic side says, Lausch looked like an All-American in the second half.

So anyway, book it, Cats win.

Not really tbh. UCLA is really bad. Washington is more of a mid pack team. They’re beatable but it will be tough. Doesn’t mean I don’t think we can do it though if all three phases are rolling.

Washington lost a rivalry game that was pretty close against what I consider to be a pretty good Wazzu team. Washington is beatable but very well-coached. I will still pick them to win on Saturday and hope for the contrary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT