ADVERTISEMENT

Drohan

So i'm really not trying to troll here as i've been a big fan of the SB program for years. But if there were accusations of hazing in the SB program (IIRC) associated with the recent pile-on of lawsuits orchestrated by CR's legal team, then why would our esteemed AD and president (/s) seek to fire one beloved coach and then later sign another beloved and successful coach to an extension. How in the world does "should have known" apply to one and not all. The hypocrisy is unprecedented and unbelievable.

Now if my recollection of the SB program being mentioned as one of many programs with a potential hazing issue is incorrect, i would encourage the board mods to delete this post. I believe this news hit the wire when the news of former student-athletes signing on the the prosecution team's expanding client list surfaced and included the football, baseball and softball (maybe volleyball).

Anyways, Congrats to Drohan and great for the continued rise of the NU Softball program as i don't mean for this to be an indictment of the program but more another milestone highlighting the incompetency of our dear NU administration....

• Wow
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
So i'm really not trying to troll here as i've been a big fan of the SB program for years. But if there were accusations of hazing in the SB program (IIRC) associated with the recent pile-on of lawsuits orchestrated by CR's legal team, then why would our esteemed AD and president (/s) seek to fire one beloved coach and then later sign another beloved and successful coach to an extension. How in the world does "should have known" apply to one and not all. The hypocrisy is unprecedented and unbelievable.
Schill was the one who fired Fitz. According to Fitz's law filing, Gragg wanted Fitz's suspension to be over in time for Fitz to support a fundraising event, or something like that.

Gragg is more of a "go with the flow" type of guy. He doesn't seem like the type to disrupt things.

Last edited:

Now if my recollection of the SB program being mentioned as one of many programs with a potential hazing issue is incorrect, i would encourage the board mods to delete this post. I believe this news hit the wire when the news of former student-athletes signing on the the prosecution team's expanding client list surfaced and included the football, baseball and softball (maybe volleyball).

Anyways, Congrats to Drohan and great for the continued rise of the NU Softball program as i don't mean for this to be an indictment of the program but more another milestone highlighting the incompetency of our dear NU administration....

• Angry
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Schill was the one who fired Fitz. According to Fitz's law filing, Gragg wanted Fitz's suspension to be over in time for Fitz to support a fundraising event, or something like that.

Gragg is more of a "go with the flow" type of guy. He doesn't seem like the type to disrupt things.
Having read most of the Fitzgerald complaint, my distaste for Gragg has dropped back to where it was when he screwed up with his public reprimand of Chris Collins. I suppose thats progress?

The softball claims were garbage to begin with. Opportunist’s seeing a spineless administration.

Reactions: No Chores
The softball claims were garbage to begin with. Opportunist’s seeing a spineless administration.
"Spineless" might be too kind.

Schill's behavior has always struck me as very opportunistic, if you consider the possibility that he viewed Fitzgerald as a rival.

Thats why Schill's early statements sound similar to those of the ambulance-chasing attorneys.

Thanks to @CoralSpringsCat for finding the tweet referencing the allegations around softball, @Smokejumper your memory was correct here. It is certainly striking how the softball allegations were quickly dismissed and coach Drohan signed to an extension vs. what has happened with Fitz.

When in doubt, good rule of thumb is to follow the money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT