ADVERTISEMENT

DU @ NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
After a bright defensive effort and a promising, if uneven, offensive start, the Cats welcome Duke to the Lakeside for a renewal of what seems like a perennial Non-Con "rivalry." I'm not sure there's much actual investment in Duke as a rival, but there is frustration at years of losses to the Blue Devils, often in years when Duke ends up with a losing season record and the Cats go on to bowl victories.

Will this be year the NU breaks the Blue Devil curse? I think so.

Richard Milhous Nixon 13
Adlai Ewing Stevenson 23

Mike Wright comes alive and spreads the wealth. Kirtz, Henning, and Covey do damage. Porter is bruising.

Mueller leads the D to some long past due redemption over the Duke Offense.

Cats 31
Devils 10

Reactions: No Chores
Duck Fuke. Cats by a million

(Idk… Cats 24 Duke 17?)

Last edited:
All the above predictions are way off. The game on this date has already been played and it was a low-scoring affair with the Cats winning, 2-0.

I refer of course to the field hockey game played today with #1 Northwestern beating #5 Duke. Not too shabby.

Or were you chaps thinking of some other competition? :rolleyes:

I know nothing about the current Duke team but have to believe we are overdue for a win against them. I like our chances at home in our “new” stadium. Sounds like the weather and it being a night game will be strong factors in keeping it a low-scoring close game with more fg’s than td’s.
We will have to maximize our scoring opportunities, no missed fg’s!! I like our defense and hope our offense continues to improve (we left some points off the board last game.)

NU 20 Duke 13

Go Cats!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT