ADVERTISEMENT

Duke Blew it by wearing their Dark Uniforms.... we were all in White

Grafcat

May 27, 2006
It was pretty hot in Durham..... and I have to believe the all-white uniforms -- down to the helmet (brilliant) helped keep us cooler than the dookies. Especially in the 4th quarter.

Doesn't the home team get to pick? That was a mistake if so... they should have played in white and put us in heat-absorbing purple....

From the NCAA rule book (football): "Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season."

From the NCAA rule book (football): "Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season."

No way NU does anything but wear white. A big advantage yesterday.

The real question is why in the name of player safety they schedule a 12:30 kick off in NC. Just plain crazy. I know the answer is TV money, but if the NCAA really gave a crap about the athletes they wouldn't stay games in the middle of the day in the south. I live in NC, and this is typical mid-September weather. Yet a 4:00 start would be much cooler for most of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT