ADVERTISEMENT

DUKE TICKET BLOCK

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
we are going back to Duke the second game of the year, September 9, time of the game yet to be determined. I organized ticket blocks when we went there in 2008 and 2015. I will be doing it again. The last time I took down 30 tickets to start , and eventually ended up with 66. This time I will probably start with 30 and see how it goes, and I cannot take down any tickets until late this month.Those of you who sat in the block the last time will remember where our seats were located. I have been promised to get a block in approximately the identical location. I will include a link to the seating chart. We will be in section 4, the same as last time, approximately the 30 yard line.The dark line that goes through the number four is an aisle , and we will be on the aisle, probably about two thirds of the way up from the bottom. This is the visitors side of the field. Section 5 is for season-ticket holders only, so this is the best section available for visitors buying single-game tickets. In 2015, the face value was $35 and I charged $30. They have increased the ticket prices to $37, and I will be charging $30 . This includes my markup which covers my time , effort, pain in the rear end, delivering tickets to everyone personally, seating chart, and laying out cash upfront, I really don't do it for free. If you order through northwestern you will be sitting in section 1 or possibly section 2 nearest to section 1. Section 1 has plain metal bench seats, and the tickets will probably cost $37. At this point I can get as many tickets as I want, but when it gets closer to the game that will not be the case. So the earlier I know how many tickets to take down the better. I will probably start with 30 and keep going back if I need more, but I probably have to pay them every time I take down more tickets. At this point I only want to hear from people who definitely or very likely want tickets. If you order tickets you will need to mail me a check sometime a bit later , like maybe May or June. If you are definite or very likely, send me an email - frogking (at) bellsouth (dot) net. If I do not respond within a couple of days, please resend. Duke is a great place. A whole bunch of us went there the last two times, and I think we all had a pretty good time.I would like to state that my first official ticket order came from a repeat customer, well catalogued , Party of two

http://www.goduke.com/fls/4200/web-docs/A-Z_Guides/Football/Football_Stadium_Map.pdf

Hear Ye - Hear Ye...
To all those true Northwestern Wildcat supporters of all shapes, sizes, mental & physical capacities and curmudgeon-ness profiles...

FlaAlum's block of seats for the 2017 Dookie road game are, at once, the collegiate pigskin purchase value of the season, if not the decade. Add to that game-time experience, the near-epic pre-game (or evening before) dinner at one of the area's most lauded BBQ establishments - coupled with the indescribable euphoric feeling of pride and comaraderie that undoubtedly will wash-over you when seated at said meal with legendary message board icons such as: Glades, Turk, UberCat, Happy NU Year, VirginiaCat, ThomCat (among a throng of other notable personalities too numerous to mention in this limited space) and of course the Indefatigable One, Mr. FlaAlum, you would never be able to match any equivalent weekend "thing" that remotely approaches this life-altering, red-letter positive experience at any price.

All I can say is, "Be There and BEWARE!!!"

Hear Ye - Hear Ye...
To all those true Northwestern Wildcat supporters of all shapes, sizes, mental & physical capacities and curmudgeon-ness profiles...

FlaAlum's block of seats for the 2017 Dookie road game are, at once, the collegiate pigskin purchase value of the season, if not the decade. Add to that game-time experience, the near-epic pre-game (or evening before) dinner at one of the area's most lauded BBQ establishments - coupled with the indescribable euphoric feeling of pride and comaraderie that undoubtedly will wash-over you when seated at said meal with legendary message board icons such as: Glades, Turk, UberCat, Happy NU Year, VirginiaCat, ThomCat (among a throng of other notable personalities too numerous to mention in this limited space) and of course the Indefatigable One, Mr. FlaAlum, you would never be able to match any equivalent weekend "thing" that remotely approaches this life-altering, red-letter positive experience at any price.

All I can say is, "Be There and BEWARE!!!"
It's always a "Turn Key" get together, i.e., give FloridAlum the modest amount of money needed, and then just show up with all planned events and seats taken care of.

Holy cow! We have a serious update. In the last 24 hours my ticket block just went from 53 to 68. This was mostly due to orders from a whole group of Numbalums who have gotten together to get a bunch of seats in the block,all sitting together, which started a couple months ago when numbfan from this board hooked me up with the folks at Numbalums. The Duke ticket office is closed on weekends, but Monday morning I will be going back for at least 20 more tickets. They are still available, altogether in one big block wearing purple. So who else around here is waiting until the last minute! Don't! Get off the fence. I am still planning on shutting down my ticket orders probably August 25.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
OK folks, we are now in the homestretch. I am going back to Duke ticket office for a few more tickets and then settling up the account on Friday morning , sold out the other ones that I had reserved and need a few more, in order to allow plenty of time for them to mail the tickets by snail mail. That's the way they do it. So far it is a bigger ticket block then I thought it would be, but still the more the merrier. It looked a little slow for a while, and then I got a flurry of orders in the past week or 10 days. Most of those came from the Numbalums. If you do not count the Northwestern allotment , which is in the end zone and full price, I am their biggest customer. That is not a huge surprise. I was their biggest customer two years ago. So far this year the order is a little bigger than 2015.I just think it is kind of amusing. We have a great group, great seats and about a 20% discount.The last day I will be accepting ticket orders is this Thursday, August 24. If you are still undecided, it would be a good time to make up your mind. Thursday, August 24, thanks a bunch

I settled up with Duke this morning. The final tally is 75 tickets. I found out that the second largest order for northwestern tickets in the entire stadium is 20. Thank you to all the people who decided to sit with us and particularly to the Numbalums. So you all know the routine. Everyone wears purple. No purple no ticket. The folks attending the dinner Friday night will get their tickets at that time. The rest will meet me outside of the Wilson gate on Saturday morning .To everyone else, make sure to wave at us when you see our group on television every time we score which will be often.we will be the whole bunch wearing purple about the 25 to 30 yard line on the visitor side, roughly 2/3 of the way up from the bottom. Thanks for playing. See everyone in Durham.

If anyone out there is considering going...

I went two years ago. We had a blast. It's a nice campus and a basic but enjoyable stadium with good sight lines. Fans were friendly. We got cozy with a docent in their sports museum who then took us for a private guided tour of Cameron Indoor, which was awesome. Durham is a cool town - good food, easy hotels, and simple travel from Chicago and elsewhere on the East Coast through RDU. Life is in the way this time around, but I'd encourage anyone thinking about it to take the leap and go for the trip.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT