ADVERTISEMENT

Dykes out at Cal

I was not a fan and the way he acted during our two meetings with him. I am surprised they waited so long.

By popular acclaim, the new coach will be Droski.
I, as a rule, do not root for coaches to lose their job. But I could not stand that guy and glad he is off the football landscape for now. Cal is a topnotch school and there is no reason that they cannot be the type of competitor that we could respect. In my opinion, that was not going to happen under Dykes.

I, as a rule, do not root for coaches to lose their job. But I could not stand that guy and glad he is off the football landscape for now. Cal is a topnotch school and there is no reason that they cannot be the type of competitor that we could respect. In my opinion, that was not going to happen under Dykes.

I assume by "type of competitor that we could respect" you mean "academic comparable?"

I assume by "type of competitor that we could respect" you mean "academic comparable?"
Starting with the fact that they are academically comparable, they could build a program with quality athletes and a much better APR. The last four years or so, they have averaged around 950. In that same time period, NU has been over 990.

Wisconsin DC Justin Wilcox also being mentioned as a possible successor to Dykes.

Due to the timing I imagine they have someone to announce within 48 hours. Probably an internal coordinator or someone like Kelly who just became available.

Poach, poach, poach. Swedish Black guy anyone?

Starting with the fact that they are academically comparable, they could build a program with quality athletes and a much better APR. The last four years or so, they have averaged around 950. In that same time period, NU has been over 990.

They're not academically comparable, at least insofar as athletics are concerned. Cal operates basically like any other state school in that context.

Due to the timing I imagine they have someone to announce within 48 hours. Probably an internal coordinator or someone like Kelly who just became available.

The timing would be really strange otherwise. Less than four weeks until NSD, and well over a month after their season ended. Why fire him now, unless they have someone else lined up to replace him?

If Cal needs help finding someone to fill their HC open position, I could recommend and be a character witness for a fella named Tim Beckman for them. I promise that I have no sore feelings over being rejected by their graduate school back in the day either of course.​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT