ADVERTISEMENT

Eating Crow

Eating crow. It will be delicious. I will come on an admit the error of my ways. Did not watch the game, but listened to it partially on radio. Congrats to Coach Collins and the team!!!

Happy to be wrong as well, at least for today!

Reactions: SLUCATS210
Eating crow. It will be delicious. I will come on an admit the error of my ways. Did not watch the game, but listened to it partially on radio. Congrats to Coach Collins and the team!!!
You’re going to watch a replay. No fluke here. Just sound play throughout and no lack of effort.

I wrote after the Pitt collapse that we played loser basketball. Looked like determined, gutsy, talented winners from the tip tonight. Monster win to open B1G play! Buie was amazing but I’m especially cheered by the double double from Nance. One other thought: We just dominated a top 5 team and Kopp wasn’t much of a scoring factor. Big wow on the night & go ‘Cats

I will have wing of crow as an appetizer. With luck, I will be able to get several more meals out of the bird before the season is over. I haven’t watched the game yet, but will later in the evening, and intend to enjoy.

Reactions: CatVideos
I think the reason we’ve all been so mad is we all know we can play with anyone. I truly believe our talent is the best it’s ever been. Until tonight we would find ways to lose and Pitt was a predictable embarrassment. Tonight they finally showed what we all know they can do. Collins didn’t run the prevent offense for once and it worked! Need to build off this and Ty Berry needs lots of minutes. He’s electric out there.

I will wash the crow down with Old Crow Bourbon.
Ballantine's for me.

Kept waiting for our characteristic meltdown tonight but was thrilled we finished strong. Hopefully a new chapter for us!

Reactions: jne381
I think the reason we’ve all been so mad is we all know we can play with anyone. I truly believe our talent is the best it’s ever been. Until tonight we would find ways to lose and Pitt was a predictable embarrassment. Tonight they finally showed what we all know they can do. Collins didn’t run the prevent offense for once and it worked! Need to build off this and Ty Berry needs lots of minutes. He’s electric out there.
They didn't run the prevent offense against Pitt. They actually made several big shots down the stretch against Pitt. Buie got the ball stolen and missed two free throws in the last minute. We rebounded terribly and shot poorly.

Great win. Nice to see what the team can do when firing on all cylinders. Hopefully they will be able to replicate this performance over the next 19 games.

As fans, we’ve just got to keep our routines up so that the Cats keep winning. No crow for me, but the frozen Lou Malnati’s sausage pizza was spectacular. Another one Wednesday.

As fans, we’ve just got to keep our routines up so that the Cats keep winning. No crow for me, but the frozen Lou Malnati’s sausage pizza was spectacular. Another one Wednesday.

Yep. I didn’t watch tonight — was aware it was happening but couldn’t summon the emotional strength after the OSU game yesterday.

I will continue to abstain until further notice.

Tastes good doesn't it

Reactions: catfans5
You’re going to watch a replay. No fluke here. Just sound play throughout and no lack of effort.
I looked for the replay that is usually in the middle of teh night. For this game, I have not seen one on BTN at least going through most of tomorrow

I will gladly have my fair share of humble pie, with whipped cream please. Today the Cats and Collins proved me wrong. Here’s to hoping they continue to show me the error of my ways.

Quite a win. After reading some of the posts earlier this week, I thought it was a little soon for this season to be written off. That said, there won't be many easy days in the B1G this season, as the Illini found out today.

Got a kick out of this line in the AP story:

"The Spartans looked rusty in their first game in a week and just their second overall since Dec. 6. They were supposed to play Virginia on Dec. 9, but that game was postponed because of COVID-19 issues with the Cavaliers."

So Northwestern hasn't had any games postponed so far this season? I believe they've actually played fewer games than the Spartans to this point and against weaker competition. Replace Spartans with Wildcats in the above sentence and imagine that in an AP story. Not likely. Hey, they got beat by Northwestern so they need an excuse.

This is why, unlike some, I wanted Ohio State to be at full strength when we played them in football. I knew if they were missing people that the whole narrative would be, "Oh we were missing 20-some guys this week," and I've read that literally dozens of times this week, even though OSU won the game. It always has to be some sort of fluke when Northwestern shows well against a good team.

Reactions: lunker35
They didn't run the prevent offense against Pitt. They actually made several big shots down the stretch against Pitt. Buie got the ball stolen and missed two free throws in the last minute. We rebounded terribly and shot poorly.
Buie said after that game he went to the gym and shot 1000 3s and 500 free throws (or vice versa) to clear his head and move on. Love the work ethic!

Reactions: zbag51 and TerraCat
Buie said after that game he went to the gym and shot 1000 3s and 500 free throws (or vice versa) to clear his head and move on. Love the work ethic!
That kinda thing is going to win me back over to this team. I tuned out after Pitt and didn't watch a minute last night. I was actually at the historic upset over Magic and the Spartans in 1979.

That kinda thing is going to win me back over to this team. I tuned out after Pitt and didn't watch a minute last night. I was actually at the historic upset over Magic and the Spartans in 1979.

Yeah. I just didn't have it in me after the OSU game and figured we would get crushed. Happy to be wrong as well. I'll have to find a replay, but it sounds like Boo could be that special player we've been missing in the clutch since the tourney run.

I'll be washing down my crow with a rye whiskey. Detroit City rye to be exact if anyone is looking for a small batch rec. Go Cats!

Very happy for Collins and these players. Good to see them playing with confidence and poise while having a lead against a good team and closing it out. And to get a dominant win with Kopp and Audige not being too big a part of it is very encouraging as well. Good on Collins and I hope they can keep it going.

Reactions: willycat
That said, there won't be many easy days in the B1G this season, as the Illini found out today.
If anyone underestimated Rutgers they are fools. They have everyone back from a solidly tournament team. Besides they have a very very tough group of kids that play very hard nosed ball.

Proof you can’t underestimate anyone is OSU being beaten and, for the most part, seeing Purdue control most of the game. Purdue is, on paper, bottom of the B1G. And, yet, for now, they might be heading down the road of at least the same type of season as last year’s: close to harmless on the road, a force to contend with at Mackey

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
If they got the message about better shot selection and effort, they can see the difference it makes!
I like that Collins pulled Audige after he continued to take bad shots. Hopefully Audige understands the message this time. Also, without Taking him out, I’m not sure we win last night.

I wrote after the Pitt collapse that we played loser basketball. Looked like determined, gutsy, talented winners from the tip tonight. Monster win to open B1G play! Buie was amazing but I’m especially cheered by the double double from Nance. One other thought: We just dominated a top 5 team and Kopp wasn’t much of a scoring factor. Big wow on the night & go ‘Cats
If they keep playing like this, imagine the night Koop will eventually have!

If they keep playing like this, imagine the night Koop will eventually have!
C. Everett?

C_Everett_Koop.jpg

Reactions: Zootcat
I like that Collins pulled Audige after he continued to take bad shots. Hopefully Audige understands the message this time. Also, without Taking him out, I’m not sure we win last night.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Berry in the starting lineup over him before too long.

If anyone underestimated Rutgers they are fools. They have everyone back from a solidly tournament team. Besides they have a very very tough group of kids that play very hard nosed ball.

Proof you can’t underestimate anyone is OSU being beaten and, for the most part, seeing Purdue control most of the game. Purdue is, on paper, bottom of the B1G. And, yet, for now, they might be heading down the road of at least the same type of season as last year’s: close to harmless on the road, a force to contend with at Mackey

Rutgers is very good, but Illinois got more early-season hype, and the Illini have been brought back to earth quickly. I thought Cockburn played a soft game. Rutgers ate them up on the boards the second half. Rebounding is about effort, and Rutgers simply had more of it. Underwood said as much after the game.

What the hell is the prevent offense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT