ADVERTISEMENT

Elijah Brown visiting NU

So how did the visit go? Any thoughts?

I haven't seen him comment on any of his visits. He still has a visit to Gonzaga scheduled, but that should be it. I would expect a decision in the next couple weeks.

Gotta work the Chicago soft sell on a few of these wandering stars... we might be able to squeeze him into the lineup.

5 star Center recruit Brandon McCoy just spurned Oregon and commits to UNLV. Ducks fans were certain they had him locked up. They are also convinced E Brown is theirs to lose. Not so sure... Ducks roster not looking quite so strong with their Big 3 all leaving for the NBA and their top priority 2017 target going elsewhere.

Well, f***. Now what? For what it's worth, I hope the Nike Ducks suck big time next season. Sour grapes? Perhaps. Ugliest court in college basketball? Yes.

I bet it came down to playing time and facilities. He has one year to enjoy college basketball, so apparently Oregon had more to offer *for the one year* than NU. Can't blame the kid.

Compare this situation with that of Jalen Brown for football, who left Oregon for NU -- he has 2 years left, has a great chance for a lot of playing time, and gets to enjoy Taj Fitz by the Lake.

You don't think a Final Four was anywhere in the discussion?

Big 3 gone (NBA), no Brandon McCoy... I'd bet the farm against Oregon making the Final Four this coming season.

You don't think a Final Four was anywhere in the discussion?

I don't know if it would be a significant swing factor vs NU, for the next season. Last I looked, we'll have a pretty good team too. Trekking to the Horizon for home games and competing for playing time were probably much bigger factors. Just my guess.

Oregon may not make the Final Four in 2018, but I'd say it's probably pretty exciting to be with a team coming off a Final Four too. Not that it isn't exciting to join NU after their historical season either. I'm just saying that Oregon basketball may be at its highest point ever right now, and that's a fun ride for anybody with one year to give.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Hard to say what kind of role he'd have at NU. Our starting guards are back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT