ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN article about what recruits think about recruiting reforms

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal.../what-recruits-really-want-recruiting-reforms

Includes quotes from AD Jim Phillips (Chair of the D1 Council) proposing a number of changes and 4-star linebacker recruit Ellis Brooks.
This is interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I don't see anything covered here regarding 'an out' if there's a coaching change. I think it should be one-sided though - a school can't cut loose a kid who signed, buy a kid can break their commitment if there's a coaching change (head coach and perhaps one other coach - a kid could leave if their recruiter or anticipated position coach left the program or was fired).

I don't see anything covered here regarding 'an out' if there's a coaching change. I think it should be one-sided though - a school can't cut loose a kid who signed, buy a kid can break their commitment if there's a coaching change (head coach and perhaps one other coach - a kid could leave if their recruiter or anticipated position coach left the program or was fired).

Sounds good, but the end result might just be firings later in the calendar to not interfere with a good class.

How about requiring coaches to sit out a year when they "transfer" from school to school. Bet that would keeps busy.

Sounds good, but the end result might just be firings later in the calendar to not interfere with a good class.
Yeah. The challenge is that coaches can freely move and the players are entirely restricted. Any reform has to close that gap. (For what it's worth, what's magical about February? Why not allow unenrolled kids 30 days from a coaching change?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT