ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Cat golfer

WildcatWillie

May 29, 2001
After scuffling on PGA Tour the last couple of years, Scott Harrington has returned to the Korn Ferry Tour and has just had a very nice week. After a couple of bogeys on the back 9 today, wound up tied for 2nd, 1 stroke off the lead. Has to be an encouraging showing. I don't know his wife's state of health now, but Scott deserves some good fortune.

After a hiatus of a couple of weeks, that tour comes to Louisiana for a couple of tournaments, and I hope to view at least one of them.

David Lipsky is having a nice early run on the PGA tour and Matt Fitzpatrick (he who left after one quarter) is making lots of cash as well.

Reactions: Titanium999
After scuffling on PGA Tour the last couple of years, Scott Harrington has returned to the Korn Ferry Tour and has just had a very nice week. After a couple of bogeys on the back 9 today, wound up tied for 2nd, 1 stroke off the lead. Has to be an encouraging showing. I don't know his wife's state of health now, but Scott deserves some good fortune.

After a hiatus of a couple of weeks, that tour comes to Louisiana for a couple of tournaments, and I hope to view at least one of them.
Gonna put this in money terms for the hell of it

In the 20-21 season, Scott played in 30 tour events and cashed $370k in purse winnings. Making some basic assumptions about expenses, including that his equipment is all covered by sponsors, he probably spent about $250k on expenses and netted $120-130k or so. THat's not counting any cash sponsorships, which he probably has only a small amount in as an unknown player. I'm 90% sure the majority of his money came from his best 2-3 finishes, which topped out at T14.

However, the year before in 19-20 he made $951k in 22 events, likely netting about 3/4 of a million. Nearly all of this was almost certainly from his T2 finish in the Houston open, for which he receieved $667k. His combined PGA tour career earnings before that tournament were under $40k over many years of playing. This is after a decade of consistently averaging about $75k a year in Korn Ferry winnings, meaning he's taking home a LOT less than that. He was typically playing most of the early season Korn Ferry events in places like Panama, Brazil, and the Bahamas, and that's like $15k right there. So he was living on peanuts until Houston. One four day stretch and your entire financial life is changed forever.

Gonna put this in money terms for the hell of it

In the 20-21 season, Scott played in 30 tour events and cashed $370k in purse winnings. Making some basic assumptions about expenses, including that his equipment is all covered by sponsors, he probably spent about $250k on expenses and netted $120-130k or so. THat's not counting any cash sponsorships, which he probably has only a small amount in as an unknown player. I'm 90% sure the majority of his money came from his best 2-3 finishes, which topped out at T14.

However, the year before in 19-20 he made $951k in 22 events, likely netting about 3/4 of a million. Nearly all of this was almost certainly from his T2 finish in the Houston open, for which he receieved $667k. His combined PGA tour career earnings before that tournament were under $40k over many years of playing. This is after a decade of consistently averaging about $75k a year in Korn Ferry winnings, meaning he's taking home a LOT less than that. He was typically playing most of the early season Korn Ferry events in places like Panama, Brazil, and the Bahamas, and that's like $15k right there. So he was living on peanuts until Houston. One four day stretch and your entire financial life is changed forever.
Ok, I'll be honest, I didn't notice the Harrington story at all in 2019... but I imagine you all had to be going nuts at the time, right? The high finish, the late break in his career, the story with his wife right before that... wow. I'm like learning about it after the fact here.

Reactions: Titanium999
H
Ok, I'll be honest, I didn't notice the Harrington story at all in 2019... but I imagine you all had to be going nuts at the time, right? The high finish, the late break in his career, the story with his wife right before that... wow. I'm like learning about it after the fact here

Scott can play with the best, when he is on his game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT