ADVERTISEMENT

Fearless Forecast: Michigan State vs. Northwestern

So I think the offense is going to be okay.....We will see that Hunter got the qb job because he can run....and this will be the breakout of the full on Bajakian tight end offense. I predict a 3 tight end formation at times...We will see the freshman running back and he will have an impact..The defense will force the MSU qb to throw.....I predict 3 interceptions. and in the end NU will be dancing in the isles. CATS, CATS, CATS

So I think the offense is going to be okay.....We will see that Hunter got the qb job because he can run....and this will be the breakout of the full on Bajakian tight end offense. I predict a 3 tight end formation at times...We will see the freshman running back and he will have an impact..The defense will force the MSU qb to throw.....I predict 3 interceptions. and in the end NU will be dancing in the isles. CATS, CATS, CATS
Yes but this Mike Fitzpatrick guy covers the team and goes to the practices. If he says they stink they probably stink.

Unless your defense reloads I don’t see you guys winning this one. MSU has a pretty good group of WRs and RBs. You guys not so much

The best part is Michael Fitz’s 10 out of 10 confidence rating! I love this kid’s confidence as misdirected as it likely is.

It’s approaching Don Quixote territory.

Unless your defense reloads I don’t see you guys winning this one. MSU has a pretty good group of WRs and RBs. You guys not so much

LOL what a lazy uninformed take. I hope your brilliant head coach feels the same way. Make sure to stop by after the game so you can eat some crow. You guys are getting manhandled tonight.

The best part is Michael Fitz’s 10 out of 10 confidence rating! I love this kid’s confidence as misdirected as it likely is.

It’s approaching Don Quixote territory.

It has to be a schtick, or At least I hope so. Maybe he doesn’t want to jinx it since the Cats seemed to win last year every time he predicted a loss.

LOL what a lazy uninformed take. I hope your brilliant head coach feels the same way. Make sure to stop by after the game so you can eat some crow. You guys are getting manhandled tonight.
We were a high school team last year and still best you guys.

MSU improved a lot in the off season and you guys got demonstrably worse.

Sorry that I don’t buy your two deeps are loaded with talent.

You basically haven't seen any of our WRs or RBs, so how do you know?

Your preview says you lost your top 3 RBs and top 4 WRs. Yeah..I do not believe you guys have a ton of stacked talent as your backups last year.

Who knows maybe you had a roster full of great backups last year?

Your preview says you lost your top 3 RBs and top 4 WRs. Yeah..I do not believe you guys have a ton of stacked talent as your backups last year.

Who knows maybe you had a roster full of great backups last year?
We recruit and use the transfer portal too, you know.

Reactions: corbi296
Yeah. I just can’t get out of my head your dead last in returning production. Not bottom quarter. But dead last in all of college football.
Yeah, we'll see a lot of new guys tonight in purple. You're basically assuming none of them can play. I'm saying you have no evidence for that assumption.

Yeah. I just can’t get out of my head your dead last in returning production. Not bottom quarter. But dead last in all of college football.
Just think how depressing it will be after you lose to this dead last team in returning production. Yeesh!

We were a high school team last year and still best you guys.

MSU improved a lot in the off season and you guys got demonstrably worse.

Sorry that I don’t buy your two deeps are loaded with talent.

Demonstrably worse? Like I said, a lazy uninformed take. This is Fitz's most talented team top to bottom, no question. This is particularly the case at WR and RB. You guys sucked last year. We played by far our worst game of the year on the road and if it weren't for McGowan's fumble we still would have beaten you. Tucker is a clown, you are assimilating 60 new players onto your roster and you think you are going to beat us at Ryan Field? Lol, don't bet the house on it. Like I said, make sure to stop by after the game.

Yeah, we'll see a lot of new guys tonight in purple. You're basically assuming none of them can play. I'm saying you have no evidence for that assumption.

Not saying none of them can play. Just the odds all of them are decent right off the bat? Very low. Also last time we saw Johnson at QB he was arguably the worst QB in all of FBs. Maybe he’s improved significantly. Maybe all your new players will surprise. Unlikely.

Demonstrably worse? Like I said, a lazy uninformed take. This is Fitz's most talented team top to bottom, no question. This is particularly the case at WR and RB. You guys sucked last year. We played by far our worst game of the year on the road and if it weren't for McGowan's fumble we still would have beaten you. Tucker is a clown, you are assimilating 60 new players onto your roster and you think you are going to beat us at Ryan Field? Lol, don't bet the house on it. Like I said, make sure to stop by after the game.

If these guys were so good how come none of them played last year and you return the least amount of production of any college team?
Who are these studs in waiting? Can you name some names so I can follow them tonight?

Not saying none of them can play. Just the odds all of them are decent right off the bat? Very low. Also last time we saw Johnson at QB he was arguably the worst QB in all of FBs. Maybe he’s improved significantly. Maybe all your new players will surprise. Unlikely.

QB is the only real position where there is a level of uncertainty for us. I think you'll see a drastically different player but if not, there are two guys waiting to come in that are more than capable to do the job. Problem is you guys have as much or more uncertainty than we do. I watched Russo play many times at Temple and he is feast or famine player. He'll make a great play and then follow it up with two bonehead picks. Don't even get me started on Thorne who has no business being a starting QB in the Big Ten.

If these guys were so good how come none of them played last year and you return the least amount of production of any college team?
Who are these studs in waiting? Can you name some names so I can follow them tonight?

Transfers, medical redshirts , Covid opt outs, freshmen redshirts and true freshmen. Remember these names; Robinson, Washington, Jefferson, Kirtz, Holman, Mosley, Dennis, Tyus, Clair, and Hull. Just some of the skilled players that you'll learn to respect after tonight.

Also last time we saw Johnson at QB he was arguably the worst QB in all of FBs. Maybe he’s improved significantly.
You understand that Johnson was the #1 QB nationally coming out of HS, a 5 star with offers from Michigan, Florida, Alabama, and Clemson, among others, right? He had a bad year in 2019, under a different OC/QB coach, and with some personal issues going on at home. He's had two years of coaching since then. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I took MSU on the money line at +125. I have faith in Hunter Johnson, he won’t let me down!

I took MSU on the money line at +125. I have faith in Hunter Johnson, he won’t let me down!

Perfect. So now we can celebrate a nice NU win and foolish Illinois fans parting with their money. Are you as confident about the game tonight as you were about Anderson becoming Illinois’ OL coach and Fitz leaving for the NFL ?

Perfect. So now we can celebrate a nice NU win and foolish Illinois fans parting with their money. Are you as confident about the game tonight as you were about Anderson becoming Illinois’ OL coach and Fitz leaving for the NFL ?
You respond every single time. Yet, I’m the fool. 🤔

My take: Northwestern's offense has more question marks than The Riddler's pajamas going into this season.

Great line, LV. Original?

Trying to get up to speed with the NU depth chart. Lots of new names.
Evan Hull looked like a quality tailback last season.
Hopefully we can run the ball consistently at least to to the left (Skoronski's side).

Hunter Johnson was a disaster when I watched him start the Stanford game. He looked terrified and bewildered from my seat about 60 yards away. I'm gonna assume he is ready, two years later. If not, I hope Fitz makes a switch after 4 possessions or so.

One thing I noticed is that of our top 6 receivers, only one guy is over 6 feet tall. If that translates into a lot more speed, that would be nice. Holman showed potential in a couple of seasons ended early by injury, but I don't really know/remember the other guys.

Should be an interesting game. Field will probably be a little wet.

Any opinions on which players to watch closely?

You respond every single time. Yet, I’m the fool. 🤔

Who is the loser that has nothing better to do than to lurk on another team’s college football board?🤔. I’d be different if you actually contributed anything of value but obviously that’s not the case.

Trying to get up to speed with the NU depth chart. Lots of new names.
Evan Hull looked like a quality tailback last season.
Hopefully we can run the ball consistently at least to to the left (Skoronski's side).

Hunter Johnson was a disaster when I watched him start the Stanford game. He looked terrified and bewildered from my seat about 60 yards away. I'm gonna assume he is ready, two years later. If not, I hope Fitz makes a switch after 4 possessions or so.

One thing I noticed is that of our top 6 receivers, only one guy is over 6 feet tall. If that translates into a lot more speed, that would be nice. Holman showed potential in a couple of seasons ended early by injury, but I don't really know/remember the other guys.

Should be an interesting game. Field will probably be a little wet.

Any opinions on which players to watch closely?

On Offense Hunter Johnson, Anthony Tyus, Stephon Robinson.

Who is the loser that has nothing better to do than to lurk on another team’s college football board?🤔. I’d be different if you actually contributed anything of value but obviously that’s not the case.
And yet, you respond. Every. Single. Time.

Vassar69 is the perfect troll name and therefore I welcome him/her every time.

latest

Thank you 😘

Hi @corbi296 ! Let me know how the celebration goes. It looks like NU is going to net me a pretty nice win in the sports book tonight, so I can send a little of it your way if you really want to take the celebration to the next level!

it-pennywise.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT