ADVERTISEMENT

Fieldhouse/Athletic Ctr. Progress

catstime16

May 27, 2015
For those of us not in the Chicagoland area is their any progress or earth
being moved/groomed on this project? I assume this is 2 years from completion
with a "move in" of 2018? Thanks in advance for those in the know and able
to enlighten.

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been by the site. The prep work is definitely happening. I don't think they've started digging out the site yet, at least not in a major way. I wonder how they'll do it given the proximity to the lake. I'll have to go by there again in the near future. Nice weather would help make that happen.

It's been a couple of weeks since I've been by the site. The prep work is definitely happening. I don't think they've started digging out the site yet, at least not in a major way. I wonder how they'll do it given the proximity to the lake. I'll have to go by there again in the near future. Nice weather would help make that happen.
Keep us posted

I was out there over the weekend, there is a lot of heavy equipment out there.
There is also the new dorm going up next to Kemper.
I will try to take pictures next time.

Reactions: iskaboo
They are constructing an ersatz edifice to lure recruits and well-heeled alums into thinking they are actually building something real.

You mean the Fake by the Lake? Call it for what it is.

The other day I saw a coyote chasing a roadrunner into the Acme Construction site. ...

Took a peek at the site today during my morning ride. Not much to report beyond the observation that the site is cleared and prepped. No footings poured or obvious staging that I could tell.

But heck, I barely recognize the lake fill anymore with all the buildings that have gone up. The spot where I once did vulva research is gone. It's a bit easier to ride through the south end now that the construction down there is done.

Last edited:
Took a peek at the site today during my morning ride. Not much to report beyond the observation that the site is cleared and prepped. No footings poured or obvious staging that I could tell.

But heck, I barely recognize the lake fill anymore with all the buildings that have gone up. The spot where I once did vulva research is gone. It's a bit easier to ride through the south end now that the construction down there is done.
I thought all vulva research was done at the south end.

Reactions: FrancisSearle75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT