ADVERTISEMENT

Final "The Foundation"

I will watch this episode many, many times. What a season; the best season that I've followed Northwestern football (as I was a student during the Walker era).

Such a special group of seniors to have lead the incredible 4 year run that we've had.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I have DTV with the sports package and I've been off this week. With all the Fox regional networks there's pretty much been a HB replay on somewhere 24/7. It's been nice.

These episodes are fantastic and so well produced. I have no idea if they have awards for these type of things, but if they do, The Foundation series would have to be considered.
We've come a long way from "The Dennis Green Show" with Duane Dow. I remember watching that every week because it was the only way to see any video of our away games (I went to all of our home games as a student, but who wanted to televise any of our away games?). Even local news only occasionally showed highlights, and the highlights weren't ours.

One thing is for sure: I didn't appreciate Dennis Green enough.

Really well done. I liked the CT tribute, but would also have liked a shout out to JT. He was a —or maybe the— leader and heart of the defense.

These episodes are fantastic and so well produced. I have no idea if they have awards for these type of things, but if they do, The Foundation series would have to be considered.
It's better than anything I see on TV. Outstanding. We're so fortunate to have this video crew. Putting that BTN to good use for fundraising/recruiting in these videos.

They saved the best for last. Great opening and then that Brazilian steak house feature was both entertaining and tantalizing. (Chicago's Fogo de Chao? The steak stabbed spears definitely rivaled those at my favorite, SLC's Tucanos Brazillian Grill.) The NU logoed Indy Purple Pace Car leading the team bus to Lucas Oil Stadium was classic. There was even an Alaska karma connection as the white Beluga Whales seen with the team at SeaWorld can also be seen frequenting the waters visible from my office.

Best part though was the halftime challenge made to his teammates by Jared McGee which he followed up shortly thereafter by example in scooping up the Gaziano stripped ball and taking it the distance for a Holiday Bowl record setting fumble return.

DSC_4502_zpskhfnhxwv.jpg
DSC_4505_zpsk9gnpc3g.jpg

DSC_4520_zpskpm5jjya.jpg
DSC_4525_zpsfvkspqmv.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: zeek55 and DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT