ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-Minnesota

So if we ever did decide to go in a different direction, could we attract a hot coaching prospect to try his luck with this program?

THREE crap passes ... Hilinski might be ready next season, but he's stinking up the field today

Yes bad throws. But why no running? We needed to get to the half without giving them the ball again.

that drive probably burned 15 seconds.

that is not good play calling.

Honestly this is on the coaching staff. Not putting the personnel on the field that gives you the best chance win is a cardinal sin. Hilinski missed two first down throws on that drive and puts the defense right back out there with no rest. We needed points with a drive that took us to half time. If Minny puts another TD on the board going into this half, this game is pretty much gone. Cannot happen.

Honestly this is on the coaching staff. Not putting the personnel on the field that gives you the best chance win is a cardinal sin. Hilinski missed two first down throws on that drive and puts the defense right back out there with no rest. We needed points with a drive that took us to half time. If Minny puts another TD on the board going into this half, this game is pretty much gone. Cannot happen.
This is Fitz's call, and unless Marty has some sort of very tight play count (requiring alternating series), there's no valid reason for this.

Well, the leaves are just starting to change down here.

I guess I could go stare at a tree for a while.

Reactions: CatManTrue
Marty has to be on a pitch count. Otherwise, this is horrific coaching by Fitz.
Why would he put Marty on a pitch count? He needs to have Marty in every play!!! If Fitz doesn't make a bowl, it is going to be devastating to the program. We already have a second player probably decomitting. Do you think others won't follow if this season goes down the drain?

Why would he put Marty on a pitch count? He needs to have Marty in every play!!! If Fitz doesn't make a bowl, it is going to be devastating to the program. We already have a second player probably decomitting. Do you think others won't follow if this season goes down the drain?
A bowl? This team? This team may not win again. They aren’t even sniffing a bowl.

Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That timeout gave PJ the gumption to go for the end zone. Masterful coaching by Fitz and the staff!!!

Now let's score! (Probably not.)

Fitz is holding a playcard, while JON didn't look very vocal during defensive plays.

Fitz has almost certainly taken over defensive playcalling.

Well. We had 11 passing yards in the first half. Nice offense.

Feels like Fitz decided before the game to have Marty only play alternating series. Not entirely sure it makes sense quite frankly.

If he's on a pitch count, I can understand giving a set # of series, but this alternating thing just doesn't help anybody get rhythm.

A bowl? This team? This team may not win again. They aren’t even sniffing a bowl.
I don't think they will make a bowl either, just saying Fitz needs to make a bowl to keep the program afloat, but it seems like he doesn't care and is a smug moron. With all the hundreds of millions being raised/ donated to the program, you would think he would really put some extra effort in. With Marty, we score, without him our offense looks like a HS jv team.

Reactions: TheC
Not the defense's fault except certain individual(s). They are OK. Offense sucks azz
Well, the Gophers are certainly managing to get 1st downs on third and short, medium and long, with regularity. I would say that certain individuals are bailing out this coach's bad scheming

Last edited:
Reactions: drewjin
Damn straight!!! Marty from here on in. If Fitz wants to give him a rest, put in Richardson. I want to see a recruit, not a transfer. The QB transfers have been a bust sans Ramsey.
That would be 33% success rate with QB transfers. Okay for batters in baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT