ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU-UNLV

Noone ran on us last year! Bergin is too slow! Put Ruiz in there. No way can this be happening!

This looks like last week. The D is slow and tackles very poorly. What has happened since last year? The personnel are mostly the same.

Reactions: drewjin
I’m, I’m in a conference following play by play on phone. What the frick with giving up 10, 20, 30 yard rushing a pop?

Cats DL not doing anything. LBs are slow and soft. DBs are not able to provide tight coverage. Cats look entirely outclassed by UNLV. Sad, very sad.

Newsome took a bad angle on that TD,. I think he thinks he is faster than he is.

Not sure if first game jitters or if Stanford’s pass D was just much better, but it is very encouraging to see how HJ is looking so far. Wish he hadn’t thrown the int but all else looks quite good.

About damn time they called a late hit.

I thought there was also one on Washington on the previous play.

Watching HJ's ball handling and judgment on option plays shows how truly crappy Thorson was in that that aspect of NU offense.

I’ve been around long enough to know it’s not cool to call out kids, but given that winning is what this game is about, I do question how it’s possible NU can’t field a scholarship player better than Bergin.

In the history of football we have seen many great walk-ons ... but very rarely are they small/slow. This reminds me of Anthony Walker having to wait his turn in favor of the senior guy who wasn’t half the player AWalk was. Hopefully Bergin can either start getting it together, or hopefully a new player has to be developed.

The same goes for the DB’s.

Our linebackers are super slow and unathletic.

Reactions: Titanium999
So far Anderson has made a huge contribution to the OL, with three drive killing offensive line penalties in last 2.5 quarters of football.

I’ve been around long enough to know it’s not cool to call out kids, but given that winning is what this game is about, I do question how it’s possible NU can’t field a scholarship player better than Bergin.

In the history of football we have seen many great walk-ons ... but very rarely are they small/slow. This reminds me of Anthony Walker having to wait his turn in favor of the senior guy who wasn’t half the player AWalk was. Hopefully Bergin can either start getting it together, or hopefully a new player has to be developed.

The same goes for the DB’s.
We need Ruiz's speed! Bergin is way to slow! Come on! We gave up four explosive plays already!

I spent about two hours last night figuring out how to register and watch the game on U Tube TV because Comcast said it would be the Minnesota game on BTN here in Utah. Tube Tv works great but the game is on BTN. G figure. The guide still says it's the Minneolas game.

What do you think Ohio State would be doing to this UNLV team if they were playing them today? How about Wisconsin? The Cats appear to be WAY off from where the cream of the conference is at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT