ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Lots of Orange here tonight, maybe more than half, though I just saw a tweeted picture and there's a HUGE line to get in outside of Allstate right now.

It's gonna be a pretty good crowd tonight -- Welsh-Ryan would be packed.

Here's a link to my primer on the game: Ready or not, B1G play opens tonight for NU

Here's my view tonight. I'm right next to the stanchion:

All kinds of interesting wrinkles tonight for NU. Ash and Falzon started -- though Lindsey came in for Ash at the first timeout. They also had Lindsey bring the ball up vs. pressure.

Five fouls already on NU at the 15:52 mark. This team has proven to be foul-prone. Illinois has two.

Just a struggle to make baskets for the Cats. An unusually cold winter?

We will beat Illinois! Glad to see Ash start! He just needs a little time to get comfortable leading this team! His defense is exemplary and we need it starting BT play

Get ready for a lopsided loss. The book is out on this Cats team... play aggressive D, press tight, and Cats fold. Can't beat guys 1v1.

I just don't understand refs. Illinois has had two hands on out ball handlers all night and law gets called for that???

Good thing we are playing Illinois, might be down 20 right now to any upper tier big ten team

And the shooting woes just continue...

Turns out, this team is just as frustrating to listen to as they are to watch. Aggravating!!

No passing! Guys wide open under the basket! Throw up a contested shot! Miss again! Illini ball.

Wonderful basketball!

Ok, maybe I'm too negative, but Cats don't look good. Can we have a night where 2 or 3 guys are actually hitting shots? The cold shooting is just miserable to watch.

Ok, maybe I'm too negative, but Cats don't look good. Can we have a night where 2 or 3 guys are actually hitting shots? The cold shooting is just miserable to watch.
I am no Xs and Os guy, but I can’t figure out what our offensive strategy is other than a whole lot of dribbling and eventual driving for a contested shot.

Reactions: Gladeskat
So, what does Underwood and staff have as leverage on these refs? Or does Mac Irvin Fire own them too?

Longest, most unwatchable half ever. Too bad because of the refs would let them play a bit, could get some fun hoops. Crowd ready to get into it.

Have you ever seen refs work so hard to try to NOT call an obvious shove?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT