ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. OU

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Well, this is the last chance for the Cats to get a signature non-conference win. Trae Young is playing and Vic Law is not. That’s not a good start.

I don’t know if I’ll be posting much. I am out of town at a family thing and will be watching on my phone.

Well, this is the last chance for the Cats to get a signature non-conference win. Trae Young is playing and Vic Law is not. That’s not a good start.

I don’t know if I’ll be posting much. I am out of town at a family thing and will be watching on my phone.

This has all the looks of a blowout already.

The regression of McIntosh this year really has me at a loss. The skill is still there, but there’s less confidence in his shot or something. He doesn’t get a ton of great looks, but even when he does, it’s just not there for some reason.

Oh, and Trae Young is as advertised. Holy Lord.

The regression of McIntosh this year really has me at a loss. The skill is still there, but there’s less confidence in his shot or something. He doesn’t get a ton of great looks, but even when he does, it’s just not there for some reason.

Oh, and Trae Young is as advertised. Holy Lord.
McIntosh looks tired all the time

And his game should be better

But he really hasn’t looked good this year

Furthermore, as s senior disappointed in his lack of leadership. I would have thought that he would have had his team better prepared and ready to play. Like another coach in the floor. But he’s been far from it.

McIntosh looks tired all the time

And his game should be better

But he really hasn’t looked good this year

Furthermore, as s senior disappointed in his lack of leadership. I would have thought that he would have had his team better prepared and ready to play. Like another coach in the floor. But he’s been far from it.
This team is just rolling over right now

I want to see some fight!

Look, I know Oklahoma can put up points and has an incredible player in Young, but this is an absolute pathetic performance. Missing shots is one thing. Lack of energy, especially on the defensive end, is another.

Extremely disappointing performance.

OU just shooting the lights out. Not pretty.

This team is just rolling over right now

I want to see some fight!
Hopefully this doesn’t turn into another embarrassing 40+ blowout like Texas Tech.

Doesn’t look promising. At least Bryant has hit a couple of nice midrange shots.

At this point OU is shooting 70% from the field.

can we all admit the Vic Law is NUs best player right now and missing him is killing them especially silly when other players look like they want to be anywhere but on the court ... sad

Oklahoma just shooting lights out. Not much you can do.

Safe to say this is not an NCAA team. I think last year burnt this group out. Next year the journey starts again with a new crop of talent. But we'll always remember this group.

can we all admit the Vic Law is NUs best player right now and missing him is killing them especially silly when other players look like they want to be anywhere but on the court ... sad
Really sad. 68 points against in a half and Young has a double double already. I don't care how good the other team is, giving up those numbers is pathetic and this team shows absolutely no toughness or pride.

Oklahoma just shooting lights out. Not much you can do.

3-18 1-10 is the Lindsey bmac combined effort for the first half - those are your seniors who had to pick up the slack

Safe to say this is not an NCAA team. I think last year burnt this group out. Next year the journey starts again with a new crop of talent. But we'll always remember this group.

If a two game tournament run burnt out 18-22 year olds, they shouldn’t be playing competitive sports.

Reactions: ricko654321
Please stop coddling them. They’re a major P5 program. Some of us expect better

By you lack of an answer, I will assume that we did not play badly against Purdue, Chicago State, and Valpo, then. And I am not going to "stop" defending our program against silly posters who use profanities to describe our team's play.

By you lack of an answer, I will assume that we did not play badly against Purdue, Chicago State, and Valpo, then. And I am not going to "stop" defending our program against silly posters who use profanities to describe our team's play.

Awwwwww poor them.

I bet you if you went up to Bryant McIntosh and asked him how they’ve played so far this year he’d look you in the eye and say “like shit”

Once again, quit coddling them. They’re big boys

Awwwwww poor them.

I bet you if you went up to Bryant McIntosh and asked him how they’ve played so far this year he’d look you in the eye and say “like shit”

Once again, quit coddling them. They’re big boys

When you quit attacking them with attacking them with nonsensical obscenities, I will quit "coddling" them. Deal?

How did they play against Purdue again?

When you quit attacking them with attacking them with nonsensical obscenities, I will quit "coddling" them. Deal?

How did they play against Purdue again?

Am I attacking their character or something? Would you like me to use another word to describe their play for *most* of the season so far? They've played like poop this year. Is that better?

This was a top 25 team preseason team and one that some people picked to go to the FINAL FOUR. I don't care that they played Purdue closely. I don't care about moral victories. I care about wins.

They're adults and play major college basketball and have grossly underperformed this year. I bet you every single player on the team would agree. And me saying "they've played like shit" isn't attacking their character or anything, it's stating a fact. They haven't played well in about 95% of the games. Who gives a shit that they blew out Chicago State? A good division 3 team would probably beat them.

Am I attacking their character or something? Would you like me to use another word to describe their play for *most* of the season so far? They've played like poop this year. Is that better?

This was a top 25 team preseason team and one that some people picked to go to the FINAL FOUR. I don't care that they played Purdue closely. I don't care about moral victories. I care about wins.

They're adults and play major college basketball and have grossly underperformed this year. I bet you every single player on the team would agree. And me saying "they've played like shit" isn't attacking their character or anything, it's stating a fact. They haven't played well in about 95% of the games. Who gives a shit that they blew out Chicago State? A good division 3 team would probably beat them.
We are a final four team! Bank on it! Basketball is different in that you can’t stop a hot hand. Especially in an away game! Fans,refs,etc,make a blowout happen often.

You: they have looked like (prodanity) ALL year.
Me: uh, we looked bad vs. Pursue et. al.?
You: Stop "coddling" them

See how that makes you sound like a rational poster? Me neither. Good talk.

You: they have looked like (prodanity) ALL year.
Me: uh, we looked bad vs. Pursue et. al.?
You: Stop "coddling" them

See how that makes you sound like a rational poster? Me neither. Good talk.

Purdue was one game out of what, 15? You're nitpicking here. The Purdue game was the exception, not the rule.

As a whole on the season, they have looked like shit. I'll say it again. Most people with any amount of emotional investment in this team would agree

And if you're offended by the word "shit", maybe the internet isn't the best place for you to spend your time

No doubt in my mind we can win the BT Title! It's one thing to hop on a 45 minute bus ride to Allstate Arena. It's another thing to play four games in ten days,hop on a plane,bus,etc,and deal with refs and players with a hot hand in their house. Wait till we jump on MSU!

Purdue was one game out of what, 15? You're nitpicking here. The Purdue game was the exception, not the rule.

As a whole on the season, they have looked like shit. I'll say it again. Most people with any amount of emotional investment in this team would agree

And if you're offended by the word "shit", maybe the internet isn't the best place for you to spend your time

We looked like what against Valpo, Chicago State and Sacred Heart? I would use "good" for the what we looked like in those two games, and not the word you chose to use.

We looked like what playing a lineup of BMac, Gaines, Brown, Ash and Pardono for most of the second half against DePaul, a team that I believe won six in a row coming in? I would use the word gritty for that one, and not the word you chose to use.

And we looked like what vs. Illinois, Creighton, LaSalle, St, Peter's and Lewis? I would say we looked average in those games (and Creighton could have arguably even fallen into the "good" category, but let's be critical here), and not the word you chose to use.

So we looked badly vs. what, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Loyola Md and Georgia Tech?

Guess four games does not a "rule" make. Yup, that's me, nitpicking Mike.

But hey, continue to demean our team's play in every game if it makes you feel good.

And hey, I am just trying to help you out with your profanity thing. Pro tip; it doesn't make you sound good on a message board. Do you see some of the best posters on this board like HJ, Haywood and Smithee (to name but a few) use profanity to describe our team's efforts? They may use comedy at times, but not profanity...

We looked like what against Valpo, Chicago State and Sacred Heart? I would use "good" for the what we looked like in those two games, and not the word you chose to use.

We looked like what playing a lineup of BMac, Gaines, Brown, Ash and Pardono for most of the second half against DePaul, a team that I believe won six in a row coming in? I would use the word gritty for that one, and not the word you chose to use.

And we looked like what vs. Illinois, Creighton, LaSalle, St, Peter's and Lewis? I would say we looked average in those games (and Creighton could have arguably even fallen into the "good" category, but let's be critical here), and not the word you chose to use.

But hey, continue to demean our team's play in every game if it makes you feel good.

And hey, I am just trying to help you out with your profanity thing. Pro tip; it doesn't make you sound good on a message board. Do you see some of the best posters on this board like HJ, Haywood and Smithee (to name but a few) use profanity to describe our team's efforts? They may use comedy at times, but not profanity...

Haywood's username is literally "hey would ya blow me" but I'm the one being "profane" because I said "shit". Gotcha

If you're happy with the team's performance through 15 or so games this year, then I don't know what to say. On a whole I think the they have grossly under-performed and have been disappointing. I think anyone else reading these message boards would agree with me.

I expected this team to be a top team in the conference. They haven't been close and they will not be dancing unless they go on a pretty crazy run in conference play. Not saying that can't happen, I'm saying I don't think it will happen. Nothing with their play this year tells me they are good enough to flip the proverbial "switch" and go on a really good run.

Good on them for beating DePaul, one of the very worst teams in D1 basketball Chicago State, an OK Valpo team though

Reactions: Jonny2TheP

Well said! We are just finding our rhythm! The real issue is away games against talented teams. Too much going against us. Especially after a bunch of games.

Haywood's username is literally "hey would ya blow me" but I'm the one being "profane" because I said "shit". Gotcha

If you're happy with the team's performance through 15 or so games this year, then I don't know what to say. On a whole I think the they have grossly under-performed and have been disappointing. I think anyone else reading these message boards would agree with me.

I expected this team to be a top team in the conference. They haven't been close and they will not be dancing unless they go on a pretty crazy run in conference play. Not saying that can't happen, I'm saying I don't think it will happen. Nothing with their play this year tells me they are good enough to flip the proverbial "switch" and go on a really good run.

Good on them for beating DePaul, one of the very worst teams in D1 basketball Chicago State, an OK Valpo team though

If you said "I am unhappy with the teams play this season" there would have been no discussion here. But you chose to say that the team "played like s__t all season", appropo of nothing, and then when I questioned you, you stated that I was "coddling" the team, lol. If you cannot see the difference between those two phrases, I can't help you.

If you said "I am unhappy with the teams play this season" there would have been no discussion here. But you chose to say that the team "played like s__t all season", appropo of nothing, and then when I questioned you, you stated that I was "coddling" the team, lol. If you cannot see the difference between those two phrases, I can't help you.

Do you take everything you hear literally? Did you want me to go through each game individually and say whether or not they played well? Every other person who read my post knew what my point was in context

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT