ADVERTISEMENT

First lawsuit against coach and boosters alleging fraud in a failed NIL deal

Thanks, great article. I understand the need for NIL, but instead the door has been opened to treat college athletes as professional athletes. In other words, the behind the door abuses that always existed in "Big Time" college athletes are now more egregious and out in the open. I do believe Northwestern is doing its best to manage the new landscape with integrity and that is one of the reasons I support Northwestern Athletics.

Last edited:
Related, it is now a better financial decision for an excellent college quarterback to stay in college unless he is a virtual lock to be a top-60 pick.

Why do you think there were suddenly so many incredible QBs on nearly every team in the PAC12 last year? They were all pro caliber QBs playing at an incredible level for NIL opportunities. Much healthier for the sport and for the guys.

Reactions: NUCat320
Related, it is now a better financial decision for an excellent college quarterback to stay in college unless he is a virtual lock to be a top-60 pick.

Also 5th year point guards. NBA is SO tough to make, and, sure, you can go overseas, but can probably make as much in NIL. As a student of Economics, I do enjoy the side effect that more kids staying longer, because I have no interest in pro sports

Reactions: EagerFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT