ADVERTISEMENT

Lausch and Wright locked in heated but respectful QB battle

Can Lausch throw?? We've only ever seen him run and I was under the impression his passing game never developed as hoped?

Largely tangential ... but for anyone playing NCAA Football 25, are you finding both Wright and Lausch to be interception machines? Very probably just my own ineptness in the game and I guess I should test drive some other QBs.

Great report and love hearing about how Lujan is tailoring things specifically to each's strengths.

We've seen multiple QBs a lot of years given how tough the grind gets; just a reality.

I'm hoping he's Kafka part 2. Same kind of antelope fast strides. Fingers crossed he can develop passing game like mike???
I don’t think either of these QBs will be much like our past successful run-savvy QBs. Kafka, Colter, Persa, Basanez, Kustok, all were relatively highly recruited as passers. We are looking for maybe a “lite” version of one of those guys. Or maybe Lujan to work some magic and turn them into a Colter or Kustok.

Largely tangential ... but for anyone playing NCAA Football 25, are you finding both Wright and Lausch to be interception machines? Very probably just my own ineptness in the game and I guess I should test drive some other QBs.
If you play as Io_a, how is Sully?

In the game, Sullivan is rated higher at 77 (IIRC) than Lausch and Wright (both 73). He is more accurate and has a stronger arm than either of them. Not nearly as mobile as Wright. I just played as Sullivan against NU, with the NU offense simulated. NU won 28-27 but only because Sully threw six picks (clearly I'm the interception problem). He tossed for 600 yards and 4 TDs. Lausch was like 10/15 for 140.

Wright is SWEET in the game. If you’re playing the games yourself the QBs other ratings don’t matter, so it’s just speed and arm strength and he’s up high in both.

The prevailing wind direction in Chicago is from the west, not the east. Wind “off the lake” is not the norm.
Yeah it's funny how people act like September weather on the Lakeville is like the Aleutian Islands. The latest game we play there will be Oct 19. Next year probably the same

Yeah it's funny how people act like September weather on the Lakeville is like the Aleutian Islands. The latest game we play there will be Oct 19. Next year probably the same
Speaking of Aleutian Islands, I just learned this past week on a visit to our local Veterans' Museum that our school's namesake ship, the SS Northwestern went down there during World War II.

(FWIW, notable Northwestern Alum Charlton Heston helped to avenge the loss by serving as a radio gunner aboard a B-25 that was based out of the Aleutians. While in the Aleutian Islands he was injured while trying to help a pilot out of a plane that had crashed when he slipped on the ice and ended up getting run over by an ambulance.

That sent him to my town here in Anchorage where he was assigned to the control tower at Elmendorf Air Force Base, where today I overlook the military planes still landing there as viewed from my office. Here in Anchorage he was preparing to be part of the invasion of Japan when the bombs fell on Hiroshima and Nagasaki leading to his discharge and return to Evanston where his Lydia was waiting for the 23-year-old at the Evanston train station. He credited the atomic bombings with his surviving the war as he was not expecting to survive the planned invasion.)

thsrkasywo4h.jpg

tdd9yr4hhh5d.jpg

98mv02zjkm4a.jpg

f329p0wticnf.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT